Manufacture environmentally friendly products which are economical on resources
Sustainable Bioprocess Technology and the processing of biomass feedstocks in biorefineries contribute to sustainable development and for this reason are an important part of applied and fundamental research in this area, as well as in the high-tech strategy of the federal government and European research programmes.
Engineers with practical training and a biotechnology background, or biotechnologists with an engineering or process engineering background, can play key roles in the scientific development, operation and optimization of biotechnology processes for biomass use.
With our master's degree, graduates have the choice of a broad range of career pathways, ranging from R&D and the management of large and medium-sized companies in the processing, biotech and foodstuffs industries, to pharmaceutical companies and government agencies, economic and technology management and universities.
- ECTS 90 ECTS
- Programme duration 3 Semesters
- Location Villingen-Schwenningen
- Faculty Medical and Life Sciences
- Programme begins Winter semester (October), also possible in summer semester
- Application deadline 15 July (winter semester), 15 January (summer semester)
- Entry requirements Practical experience or period of practical work in previous degree required, German proficiency: minimum level required, DSH 2, DaF TDN4, CEFR B2 or equivalent, English proficiency: minimum level CEFR B2 or IELTS over 6.0
- Teaching Language German and English
- Accreditation Yes (ACQUIN)