The focus of the Materials Technology programme is on the use of materials in all technological areas of mechanical, electrical and medical engineering.
The interdisciplinary Industrial Materials Engineering programme focuses on materials science and testing, production engineering, design, plastics technology, ceramics, metals, surface and nanotechnology.
You will gain a deep understanding of the properties of various materials and based on this know-how, be able to develop new materials.
- Solid grounding in principles of mathematics, natural science and engineering
- Ability to develop products and components and to design component layouts for mechanical and medical engineering using appropriate materials and material-appropriate production processes
- Ability to plan and monitor production processes and production lines taking into account mechanical, physical, chemical and thermal properties of materials
- Understanding of quality in mass and custom production, and application of systematic methods of materials testing and evaluation of flaws
- Ability to define quality criteria for purchasing specifications and material and supplier approvals
- Goal-oriented, interdisciplinary thinking
- Self-directed learning accepting responsibility for individual actions
- Confident manner and presentation skills
- Foreign language proficiency
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Reflective interpersonal and teamworking skills
- Cost-conscious attitude and working methods