- Programme with integrated vocational training
- Time-saving: instead of 2.5 + 3.5 years, only 4.5 years to gain a bachelor's degree
- Easier access to degree programme
- Diverse and varied programme
- Financial independence
- Ideal combination of theory and practice
- Small groups and individual support
- Cutting-edge technical facilities
- Shortened course option - completed vocational training after 4 semesters (2 years)
- Excellent opportunities in the job market
- Well-respected university
Study Plus combines vocational training with a bachelor's degree from a university. The vocational training provides a solid basis with practical skills for the bachelor studies. Graduates of this cooperative programme are engineers with both a high level of theoretical knowledge and solid practical skills, who are familiar with and can shape everyday processes in companies.
This vocational training has always been an excellent basis for engineering studies. In the Study Plus programme the time required for the apprenticeship is considerably shorter and the training itself is optimized.
A unique combination of vocational training and university studies
What are we looking for? Technically talented students interested in R&D - the mechanical engineering, mechatronics, computer science or electrical engineering specialists of the future.
What are you looking for? A solid bachelor's degree programme plus a vocational training qualification in only 9 semesters (4.5 years).
Furtwangen University (HFU) offers a customized course with excellent job prospects. As the 2009 university rankings, in which HFU was placed first Germany-wide, show, we have an excellent reputation among students, graduates and HR professionals.
During the Foundation Studies you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the principles of mathematics, engineering and the natural sciences. You will also be given a solid grounding in data processing and business studies.
During the Advanced Studies you will take traditional engineering subjects. You will also gain a sound understanding of materials and comprehensive know-how of relevant hard and software. Business courses and soft skills development complete the course curriculum. Specialist subjects are taught in modules by means of lectures, practicals and project work.