Become a highly sought-after professional! Gain the know-how required for the trends of the future in the fields of digital business and computer and data science!
Graduates of the Faculty of Business Information Systems are well-qualified for positions in a booming international job market and can expect to earn excellent, above-average starting salaries.
Digitalisation is the biggest growth market worldwide. Benefit from computer science and create digital business! Analyse markets, customer demand and company requirements. Learn problem-solving skills. Implement business information systems in companies and create solutions or apps for use in everyday life.
Experts in IT and Business Information Systems are in high demand in Baden-Württemberg, the industrial powerhouse of Germany, as well as in companies worldwide. Our graduates can follow a broad variety of exciting career pathways, for example as:
- supply chain managers on e-commerce platforms
- data strategy managers in automobile manufacturing companies
- business analysts in investment companies
- project managers in software companies
- consultants in digital business strategy consulting companies
- accounting and SAP experts in financial consulting companies
- entrepreneurs in start-ups
- digital marketing managers in online travel agencies
- e-commerce managers in online fashion portals
- data scientists in social media companies
- IT managers in machine tool companies
- software developers in software companies
Our graduates are employed in leading companies in various industry segments, including:
- Daimler, Audi, BMW, Porsche (automobile manufacture)
- Lufthansa, HolidayCheck, TUI (tourism)
- eBay, Lidl, Amazon, DeinDeal.ch (e-commerce, online retailing)
- Hugo Boss, Adidas, FC Bayern München (fashion brand management)
- Springer Verlag, Haufe Verlag (publishing)
- IBM, SAP, Hewlett Packard, Bosch (software development)
- Siemens, Bosch, Sick (engineering, industrial automation)
- Accenture, BCG, SAP, BurdaDigital (consulting, marketing)
- Deloitte, PriceWaterhouse, Ernst & Young (accounting, consulting)
Work-related learning right from the start: close links with industry mean managers are invited to the Faculty to work with students on case studies and hands-on exercises, providing first-hand insights into current topics. Students forge links with industry early on through the University‘s biannual careers fair, where they can meet representatives from more than 90 different companies. After only 1½ years of study, students have their first opportunity to carry out IT-related work during an internship.
More than 65% of our students have a part-time job two days a week. With a part-time job students cover their living expenses. More than 60 companies in the region offer course-related traineeships. Successful applicants earn up to €700 every month, even if they only work during holidays, the internship semester and the thesis semester.
After completing the bachelor‘s degree, and with a minimum of one year's work experience, graduates can qualify further by taking a master‘s in Business Consulting which is also taught in English (3 additional semesters).