We prepare the leaders of the future
It's not just about having an MBA. You will be equipped to make strategic decisions and deal with the challenges of complex and uncertain situations. That’s what counts at strategic levels. Your personal future depends on how well you can perform at this level. And that is exactly what we prepare you for.
You will not only gain know-how across a range of critical business areas which will serve you well over the long-term, you will also develop leadership skills and gather in-depth insights into the international aspects of business. Small groups ensure a high degree of student participation and personal support from our highly qualified and internationally experienced professors and from the course manager. The excellent quality of the Executive MBA is guaranteed by the system accreditation of our University.
We offer two options for you to develop professionally:
- A four-semester, part-time Executive MBA program (awarded an MBA degree)
- A one-semester Management Essentials for Professionals program (awarded an officially recognized certificate)
On completing the certificate program, you can decide whether you wish to continue your professional development by taking an Executive MBA. All courses already passed would be 100% accredited.
During the program you’ll develop a professional network which will prove invaluable throughout your career. Through our alumni organization your network is maintained and expanded even after the program has ended.
Executive Master of Business Administration
Our Executive MBA program is delivered part-time over four semesters, concluding with the award of an MBA degree. Courses take place every two weeks on Fridays and Saturdays over three semesters. The fourth semester is devoted entirely to the master's thesis, so no courses take place. All courses are held on our Schwenningen Campus.
Tuition fees for the entire program amount to € 18,000 (€ 4,500 per semester).
Management Essentials for Professionals
The Management Essentials for Professionals program is delivered over one semester and can subsequently be expanded into a complete Executive MBA program. For this purpose, all courses passed in this program are accredited. This semester is identical to the first semester of the Executive MBA program and is taught together with EMBA students. It is offered during the summer semester (April to July) on our campus in VS-Schwenningen.
The focus of this program is on the core functions of modern business administration. These include the following equally weighted modules:
- Strategic Management
- International Finance
- Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- International Marketing
- Human Resources Management
- Project Management
At the end of this program, you will receive an officially recognized Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS).
- The tuition fees for this program are € 7,000
Key information — Management Essentials for Professionals
- 21 ECTS
- Program start: Summer Semester (March)
- Applicaton deadline: 1 March
- Application requirements: Minimum 5 years work experience, good or very good English language proficiency, participation in a selection interview
- Language: English
- ECTS 90 ECTS
- Programme duration 4 Semesters
- Location Villingen-Schwenningen
- Faculty HFU Business School
- Programme begins Summer semester (March)
- Application deadline 15 January (summer semester)
- Entry requirements First degree (Bachelor, Master, Magister, Diploma or equivalent). Minimum of five years professional experience in a position of responsibility following graduation. English proficiency: TOEFL ibt 90, IELTS 6.5. Participation in a detailed introductory interview.
- Teaching Language English
- Accreditation Yes (system accreditation)
"The program not only provided me with a toolbox for my everyday work as a manager, it has also been a great leadership training, and a personal and professional growth experience. The international class profile with experienced individuals from different backgrounds added a special value and created a great learning environment and an ideal platform for discussions."Lena Andlauer, Graduate 2019, Finance Manager Manufacturing Intuitive Surgical Optics GmbH