Biotechnology and Process Engineering
Bio and Process Engineering combines Biotechnology with the methods of Process Engineering.
Biotechnology uses the ability of living cells such as micro-organisms to transform substances. Such organisms transform simple raw materials such as sugar into sophisticated end products such as fine chemicals, bioethanol, detergent enzymes or medicine, for example for diabetics or cancer patients. Through the use of the basic operations of process engineering, these biotechnological products can be manufactured on an industrial scale.
The programme basically covers four areas:
- Biological sciences
- (Bio) process engineering
The programme produces competent, versatile bioengineers. Our graduates understand complex biological engineering processes and are thus able to develop, carry out and evaluate such processes themselves.
- ECTS 210 ECTS
- Programme duration 7 Semesters
- Location Villingen-Schwenningen
- Faculty Medical and Life Sciences
- Programme begins Winter semester (October), Summer semester (March)
- Application deadline 15 July (winter semester), 15 January (summer semester)
- Entry requirements University entrance qualification
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation Yes (ACQUIN)