Mechanical Engineering with a focus on production, design and drive engineering
What is Advanced Precision Engineering?
Mechanical engineering with a focus on production, design and drive engineering.
Master's programme for modern mechanical engineering with interdisciplinary areas of specialisation.
- Design methodology
- Choice of traditional and modern materials
- Coating techniques
- Hybrid lightweight construction
- Manufacturing processes
- Drive technology
- Design of dynamic tooling machines and multi-axial robots
- Quality assurance
A range of electives specially developed for this study programme completes the programme. We offer a choice of:
- Management skills with patent law
- Calculation and simulation methods
Because we consider practical work of prime importance, research and project work is integrated into the course.
We are located in an industrial centre with many successful SMEs working in the following sectors:
- Automotive industry
- Medical technology
- Machine tools
This innovative master's degree programme is one-of-a-kind in Europe.
- ECTS 90 ECTS
- Programme duration 3 Semesters
- Campus Schwenningen Campus
- Faculty Mechanical and Medical Engineering
- Programme begins Winter semester (October), also possible in summer semester
- Application deadline See application details
- Entry requirements A first engineering degree (BSc, B. Eng., Diplom or similar) with 210 ECTS. Otherwise a pre-study course of 30 ECTS is required.
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation Yes (accredited through the university system accreditation)