Bachelor plus professional licence
University degree or vocational training? The Physiotherapy degree programme at Furtwangen University makes both possible. Through the cooperation of the University with the Gesundheitsschulen Südwest (Healthcare Schools South-West), students gain both a "Bachelor of Science" and the professional physiotherapy licence (state examination) in only 7 semesters. Graduates are able not only to carry out physiotherapy treatment methods, techniques and skills, but also to consider and question these from a scientific viewpoint.
The teaching components are held both on the Furtwangen Campus and in the HFU Study Centre in Freiburg. Practical work lasting several months at a time takes place in hospitals and rehab clinics.
Why should I study Physiotherapy at Furtwangen University?
- In only 7 semesters you gain 2 qualifications: the professional qualification = professional licence (state exam) and the Bachelor of Science
- The programme is free of charge for EU-citizens. Only normal student semester fees have to be paid.
- The programme is offered in the Schwarzwald-Oberrhein Region.
- It is the first and until now the only free, state primary qualifying Physiotherapy programme in Baden-Württemberg.
- The excellent medical infrastructure and the cooperation partners available offer an optimal basis for practical training.
- The amount of practical training on patients is the same as in Physiotherapy schools.
- The teaching facilities are set up by both Furtwangen University and the Gesundheitsschulen Südwest.
- ECTS 210 ECTS
- Programme duration 7 Semesters
- Location Furtwangen, Freiburg
- Faculty Health, Safety, Society
- Programme begins Winter semester (October)
- Application deadline 15 July (winter semester)
- Entry requirements University entrance qualification, "Extended" Certificate of Good Conduct (police clearance) and medical attest confirming physical suitability for the profession
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation Yes (ACQUIN)