Bachelor plus professional licence
University degree or vocational training? The Physiotherapy degree programme at Furtwangen University makes both possible. Through the cooperation of the University with the Gesundheitsschulen Südwest (Healthcare Schools South-West), students gain both a "Bachelor of Science" and the professional physiotherapy licence (state examination) in only 7 semesters. Graduates are able not only to carry out physiotherapy treatment methods, techniques and skills, but also to consider and question these from a scientific viewpoint.
The teaching components are held both on the Furtwangen Campus and in the HFU Study Centre in Freiburg. Practical work lasting several months at a time takes place in hospitals and rehab clinics.
Why study Physiotherapy at Furtwangen University?
- In only 7 semesters you gain 2 qualifications: the professional qualification = professional licence (state exam) and the Bachelor of Science
- The programme is free of charge for EU-citizens. Only normal student semester fees have to be paid.
- The programme is offered in the Schwarzwald-Oberrhein Region.
- It is the first and until now the only free, state primary qualifying Physiotherapy programme in Baden-Württemberg.
- The excellent medical infrastructure and the cooperation partners available offer an optimal basis for practical training.
- The amount of practical training on patients is the same as in Physiotherapy schools.
- The teaching facilities are set up by both Furtwangen University and the Gesundheitsschulen Südwest.
What does the study programme cost/are there additional tuition fees?
The normal HFU semester fees are charged for the study programme. You can view these fees here: Internal link opens in the same window:Semester fees. There are no additional monthly costs, in the form of school/training fees for the Gesundheitsschulen Südwest. The only additional cost is the professional liability insurance premium that physiotherapy students must purchase. The price for the liability insurance is currently €75 for the entire study period.
- ECTS 210 ECTS
- Programme duration 7 Semesters
- Campus Furtwangen Campus, Freiburg Study Center
- Faculty Health, Safety, Society
- Programme begins Winter semester (October), Summer semester (March)
- Application deadline 15 July (winter semester), 15 January (summer semester)
- Entry requirements University entrance qualification, medical certificate, "Extended" Certificate of Good Conduct (police clearance), proof of complete vaccination against measles and proof of legally required vaccinations.
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation Yes (accredited through the university system accreditation)