The international degree combining mechanical engineering, medical engineering and business
The International Engineering degree programme (IEB) is a unique mixture of mechnical or medical engineering and business studies. In only seven semesters you have a combined degree in international business and engineering. This Bachelor of International Engineering degree, the only one of its kind in Germany, is offered on the Schwenningen Campus of Furtwangen University. Two areas of specialization are possible: mechanical engineering and medical engineering.
Languages are an important element of the programme: lectures are taught in both German and English (approx. 30%) and a further foreign language (French, Spanish or Chinese) is also taken.
- Good English proficiency (approx. 6 years of school English)
- Second foreign language:
- Focus "Francophone world" 1 - 2 years of school French (CEF level A1 - A2)
- Focus "Spanish world" 1 - 2 years of school Spanish (CEF level A1 - A2)
- Focus "China": no previous knowledge necessary
- In the selection process, work experience (such as vocational training), longer periods of time spent abroad and extra-curricular achievements will be taken into consideration.
- ECTS 210 ECTS
- Programme duration 7 Semesters
- Location Villingen-Schwenningen
- Faculty Mechanical and Medical Engineering
- Programme begins Winter semester (October)
- Application deadline Winter Semester: 20 August
- Entry requirements University entrance qualification
- Teaching Language German and English
- Accreditation Yes (system accreditation)
The semester abroad was the best part of the whole programme! I not only learned about a new culture, but also met unbelievably great people and visited breathtaking places.Christine Baitinger