Current information from HFU about the Corona virus:


What do I need to do the Computer Science in Media master's programme?

Firstly, you need a relevant qualifying diploma or bachelor's degree. In addition, it is an advantage if you feel at home in the world of traditional and/or new media. It is necessary to have a good understanding of computer science. When you submit samples of your work, include some from the broad range of computer science (in media).


What are some of the typical things we do on the Computer Science in Media master's programme?

Typical course content is media programming and topics from the area of computer science and theoretical computer science related to media. The course will also deal with elements of media technology, such as telecommunications and game development. Insights into interactive design and a one-year, possibly interdisciplinary, research project, round off the programme. Emphasis is put on both teamwork and independent work in seminars and projects. The programme aims to give you the principles and background which you will need later to be able to develop applications yourself.

Are there any international cooperation partners for the master's programme?

The master's thesis in the 3rd semester can be carried out in cooperation with a company or at a university abroad. The University has a wide range of partners both overseas and in Europe, including San Francisco State University in the USA, Leicester University in the UK and the Institut Tec de Monterrey in Mexico.