The year 2001 saw the introduction of an extraordinary, one-of-a-kind course in the Faculty of Business Information Systems at Furtwangen University. This course was specifically designed to meet the ever-growing needs of industry for efficient business consultants.
Since then BCM has evolved to produce a large number of business consultants who now work for prestigious national and international companies. Because BCM is an international programme which is taught completely in English, it attracts students from all over the world. Each year we welcome a group of students with diverse talents, aspirations and backgrounds who embark upon the challenging journey of becoming business consultants.
HFU provides the best possible learning environment to ensure both personal and professional development. We offer a solid foundation to build your career upon, a wide array of electives to choose from and internationally oriented teaching, as well as consistent quality assurance. The curriculum is based on sound academic principles and current research and is extremely practice-oriented. In addition to our accreditation and excellent rankings, we also have an excellent reputation for offering outstanding support to foreign students.
We would like to invite you to join our consulting team in Furtwangen and take the next step in your career.
Prof. Dr. Thomas Marx
Dean of BCM Programme, Furtwangen University
- Accreditation by ACQUIN (the accreditation, certification and quality assurance institute which assures the quality of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes in Germany)
- No 1 ranking among German universities in Business Information programmes
- Top ranking in the Eduniversal Ranking of the Best 4000 Masters & MBA in 30 majors worldwide
- Newly-built location with improved technical facilities
- Excellent individual student support through large number of assistant professors
- Outstanding service to international students provided by award-winning university International Center
A "Mentoring Programme" is offered on the BCM programme whereby each student is assigned a mentor (a volunteer BCM graduate) who helps new students by sharing their experiences and by giving advice about living, studying and working in Germany. Please note the students and their mentors do not enter into any kind of obligatory relationship in this programme.
German Conversation Group
Though the BCM programme is taught completely in English, we highly recommend our students to improve their German skills during the course of the programme as good German skills play a crucial role in securing a job or an internship in Germany. Besides the German classes which are already offered through the university, we also organize a "Stammtisch" with a German colleague once every week. These conversational sessions enable our students to learn the language more quickly, thus preparing them for their future role as Business Consultants.
Presentation and Moderation Techniques Workshop
Business Consultants are expected to have excellent communication and presentation skills. Besides the numerous presentations which are part of the curriculum, additional help is also provided. A "Soft Skills Workshop" is offered to BCM students to improve their communication and interpersonal skills.
"Students are trained in the area of enterprise organization and standard software. They learn to analyze the structures and the business processes of organizations, to develop innovative to-be concepts, to select and implement appropriate standard software and to tailor it to the new proposed organization structure." (ACQUIN).
The Master in Business Consulting degree programme was introduced by the Faculty of Business Information Systems in 2001. Below are some top rankings of the course:
- Top ratings in 2015 CHE University Rankings in the category of general study environment, academic provision, teaching support, variety of courses and the strong practical orientation of the courses.
- Ranked as the best among German university programmes in 2008 CHE University Rankings.
- Awarded highest score by HR managers in "Wirtschaftswoche" in 2008, making us the best Business Information Systems faculty in Germany.
- Ranked No. 30 in 1st Eduniversal Ranking of the Best 4000 Masters & MBA in 30 majors worldwide published on http://www.best-masters.com.
- Furtwangen University International Center awarded prize for Excellence in Assistance to Foreign Students by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 2006.