Current information from HFU about the Corona virus:

Housing information

There are a limited number of opportunities for housing students in Furtwangen. Therefore students are advised to be proactive and start applying for accommodation as soon as possible. Students can opt for accommodation provided by Student Services (Studentenwerk) or for private accommodation in and around the town.
Below are some of the options:

Student Services (Studierendenwerk Freiburg-Schwarzwald)


Student Services Freiburg-Schwarzwald offers two halls of residences:

  1.  Albert-Schweitzer-Haus (ASK): ASK offers single furnished rooms with shared kitchen and bath on each floor. This is a good place to live if one enjoys meeting new people from different countries.
  2. Großhausberg (GHB): GHB offers single furnished rooms with private kitchenette and bath. This is a good place for those who enjoy their private space.

Contact details: Lena Litvak
Telephone: (0761) 2101 271
Email: litvak(at)
Students should directly apply online.

Private residential homes

There are many housing options in private residential homes situated around the University campus.

  1.  Mrs. Karin Jäger offers furnished/semi-furnished/unfurnished single rooms with kitchen and bath shared by 5 people. These rooms are near the University and are in great demand. Therefore they may not always be available. Students should send an email directly to Mrs. Jäger to enquire about the availability of rooms.
    Contact details:
  2. There are many offers for private accommodation available on The relevant people need to be contacted as early as possible. However, all offers published here are in German.
  3. There is also a Facebook group called HFU Wohnungsmarkt ( ). All offers for rooms by current students who are moving out are available in this group. Most of the offers are in German.