In the new Risk, Reliability and Safety Engineering master's (MSc) programme, the content, structure and organization of the discontinued "Security & Safety Engineering" programme has been further developed in a new pedagogical concept so students gain practical engineering and specialist know-how in one step. This will also enable additional subject-specific content to be added to the programme.
Applications can be accepted from graduates of our Security & Safety Engineering bachelor's programme as well as applicants with similar degrees. Besides normal entry in the summer semester, it is also possible in individual cases to apply in the winter semester upon agreement with the Dean of Studies.
The MSc degree qualifies you for the next step in your academic career, for example a doctorate at a university.
- Deep and comprehensive knowledge of engineering methods in risk and security sciences
- Independent application and evaluation of legal principles, regulations, norms and current technology in risk and security sciences
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary manner in questions related to risk and security sciences
- Ability to solve complex questions related to risk and security sciences
- Deep knowledge of technology, engineering and the natural sciences
- Ability to formulate, present and discuss, also in English, subject-specific situations and solutions to problems with colleagues with the same background and with others
- Ability to take responsibililty for projects and teams
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Qualification to take PhD
- Good proficiency in speaking and reading work-related English
- Methodology skills and high level of judgement particularly in positions as appraisors and expert witnesses
- Individual specializations in various sub-fields (choice from workplace safety, fire prevention, explosion protection, functional safety, hazard protection, IT and information security, machine and plant safety, risk management, radiation protection, environmental protection, organizational security)
- Leadership and management skills
- Ability to recognize, evaluate and shape future developments