The "Specialist for preventative fire protection" is responsible for the drafting of a comprehensive fire prevention plan during the planning and building permit application process of construction projects.
He or she also supports the architect's office responsible during the application phase and monitors the execution of the plan on the building site to ensure compliance with the fire prevention plan. Training for the qualification covers the following areas:
- Legal aspects
- Fire and fire extinguishing
- Risk evaluation of fire and explosion hazards
- Construction, plant engineering and organizational fire prevention measures
- Application and limitations of fire extinguishing measures and fire service rescue devices
- Overview of substantiation using engineering methods
- Liability and insurance
Please note: the certificate can only be gained while taking a master's degree.