Engineers and inventors of the future
Do you want to advance the world with technical solutions and help shape the future? The Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics degree programme gives you the methods and tools to make that happen!
The degree programme focuses on:
- Developing and building autonomous robots and intelligent drives
- Automating production processes
- Making machines smarter by means of artificial intelligence
- Contributing to the digitalisation of the industry of the future
- Developing and manufacturing high-tech products
- ECTS 210 ECTS
- Programme duration 7 Semesters
- Campus Schwenningen Campus
- Faculty Mechanical and Medical Engineering
- Programme begins Winter semester (October), Summer semester (March)
- Application deadline 15 July (winter semester), 15 January (summer semester)
- Entry requirements University entrance qualification
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation Yes (accredited through the university system accreditation)
- In the Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics degree programme, we teach you all the fundamentals and skills you need to successfully solve technical problems in your professional life.
- The study programme is not only about engineering. Many other skills are acquired such as the ability to work in a team, fundamentals of mathematics and scientific working, as well as communication skills.
- In modern laboratories on campus, knowledge is tested directly in practice. There are also numerous projects with regional industry where initial work experience can be gained.
The degree programme in Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics offers you the broadest range of job opportunities of all professional branches, including automotive engineering, medical technology, power generation, environmental technology, robotics, machine tool and plant engineering, as well as other future-oriented, sustainable fields.
Depending on your interests, you will find suitable employment opportunities. As a technical specialist, as a manager of a team or in research, this degree allows you to find a career exactly according to your own preferences.
Engineers are problem solvers. In your everyday work, you identify problems on equipment and in systems, look for solutions in team meetings or develop improved components on the PC. The profession requires a high level of creativity and a methodical approach to work.
All doors are open to technical all-rounders! No matter whether it's research and development or implementing ideas in companies and operations.
Our spirit is: Participate - Shape - Develop. That's why our students get the opportunity to participate in as many projects as they want.
In addition, our students can individually design their course of study. We lecturers support our students as much as we can. We see ourselves as a team, because only together can we develop innovative technical solutions.
We offer individual support by lecturers.
Our lecturers stand out because they have both theoretical knowledge and practical experience. In concrete terms, this means that engineers with industrial experience prepare you well for your future career.
Valuable experience can be gained in many internships.
Personal freedom of development: focal points can be combined for specialisation according to your own interests and preferences.
We offer a wide range of electives that give you the opportunity to further deepen your own areas of interest.
Are you interested in spending 1 or 2 semesters abroad? We have a very large network of cooperating universities around the world.
- Your passion is technology, but you don't yet know in which field? The study of mechanical engineering and mechatronics offers a broad technical education that allows you to gain a foothold in many different industries and fields of work.
- If you would like to shape the future and are not afraid of a challenge, the Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics degree programme is just right for you!
- The focus on mechatronics expands the study programme to include aspects of electrical engineering and computer science. This makes technical products intelligent and sustainable for all areas of work and life.
- If you are interested in modern 3D printing, assistance systems, eMobility, autonomous transport systems, intelligent medical devices, service and industrial robots in combination with artificial intelligence, the study of mechanical engineering and mechatronics is definitely for you!