Your master plan for the future!
Materials Science is one of the key disciplines of the 21 Century. It is your master plan for the future because it delivers solutions for a wide variety of industrial problems.
In the areas of health, energy, mobility, communications, and environmental and climate protection, modifications in materials will lead to many innovations in the years and decades to come. In the Applied Materials Science master's programme at the University Campus Tuttlingen students are ideally prepared for these multi-faceted and exciting career challenges. The master's degree prepares students for research or development in the area of materials sciences.
The programme focuses on the following areas:
- Surfaces Technology and Interface Reactions
- Functional Materials
- Process & Materials Bionics
- Composite Materials
- Specialization Production Processes
- Additive Manufacturing Processes
The Master of Applied Materials Sciences degree is aimed at materials technicians, medical technicians, mechanical engineers and production technicians, as well as natural scientists, who wish to expand their knowledge of materials sciences.
- Application with selection procedure
- First degree in relevant discipline (STEM subject)
- 210 ECTS points
The challenge for the products of the future will be the complex assemblies and components of which they are composed. Materials scientists are in high demand in almost every sector. They work in the research and development of new materials for application in technical products. Knowledge of both methods and business skills mean that they are also qualified to work in leading positions in quality assurance and technical management.
Fields of employment
- Materials research and product development
- Quality assurance
- Management and leadership positions
- Development of material-appropriate production processes
- Medical technology
- Mechanical Engineering/Automotive industry
A PhD at one of our partner universities or through our cooperative PhD programme at the Faculty of Industrial Technologies opens further perspectives.
Study Materials Science in cooperation with 100 companies
The master's programme in Applied Materials Sciences on the University Campus Tuttlingen is run in close cooperation with industry. More than 100 companies belong to the Friends of University Campus Tuttlingen and are actively involved in the setting up and teaching of the curriculum of the programme. The master's programme is therefore workplace relevant and right up-to-date: student projects actually take place in the various companies. This gives students deeper insights into the field of materials sciences and materials technology, as well as the everyday work and demands of engineers working in this field.
Apply now until 15 January!
>> Application form and information
UNIVERSITY CAMPUS TUTTLINGEN of Furtwangen University
Kronenstraße 16 . 78532 Tuttlingen
Tel + 49.7461.1502 - 0 . Fax + 49.7461.1502 - 6201
- ECTS 90 ECTS
- Programme duration 3 Semesters
- Location Tuttlingen
- Faculty Industrial Technologies
- Programme begins Summer semester (March)
- Application deadline 15 January (summer semester)
- Entry requirements First degree in STEM discipline with 210 ECTS
Application with selection procedure
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation Yes (accredited through the university system accreditation)