The Nano and Microsystems Technology Lab is used for student practicals, for PhD work and for research on application-oriented topics. The lab has sophisticated systems technology for the processing of structures in the nanometer range using low-particulate cleanrooms with an area of 300 m².
Through practicals, a job as a student assistant, or in thesis work - for Smart Systems and Micromedicine students there are many opportunities to gain practical skills and deepen fundamental knowledge of microsystems technology in the lab.
Many of our former students work on projects in third-party financed research projects. After graduating it is also possible to launch an academic career by taking a PhD.
We work closely with companies and other research institutions on joint projects. Our research work is clustered in the Institute for Microsystems Technology. Here you will find a list of our publications and current research projects.
B 1.19, B 0.97 Furtwangen
- Technology consulting
- Project planning and applications
- Multiphysics - Simulation
- System analysis / concept validation
- Process development and execution in micro- and nanotechnology
- Production of prototypes (sensors and actuators)
- Micro- and nanotechnology
- Sensors and actuators (Micro-Electro-Mechanical-Systems, MEMS)
- Optical systems (Micro-Opto-Electro-Mechanical Systems, MOEMS)
- Electro-chemical etching / anodizing
- Flexible electronics
- Intelligent implants
- Embedded systems
- 3D microstructuring
- Self-organizing systems in micro- and nanotechnology