Tuttlingen: a campus "Powered by Industry"
The University Campus Tuttlingen is the home of the Faculty of Industrial Technologies. It produces engineers with a model which is quite unique in Germany. The faculty offers bachelor's and master's degrees run in cooperation with many local companies. A Internal link opens in the same window:Technical Orientation try-out semester and various Internal link opens in the same window:cooperative study models are also offered.
A model campus
In recent years, the curricula of the degree programmes have been continuously developed. Future-oriented topics such as the digitalisation and technologisation of business and society, research and development, the new EU Medical Devices Regulations, smart materials and production, efficient, sustainable manufacturing, as well as human-machine interaction, product design and quality - to name just a few - strongly shape the content of the degree programmes. Many of the degree programmes are therefore interdisciplinary in structure and offer students elective options to customise their degrees.
Sponsorship, organisation and teaching shape the unique character of the Tuttlingen campus. For example, the degree programmes were developed together with industry and the campus is financed and organised by both public and private sectors. Everyone benefits from this public-private partnership. It is a win-win situation for the region, the university, the companies and the students.
Studies at the faculty take place hand in hand with companies in the region. For those who want even more practical relevance, the Tuttlingen University Campus offers several Internal link opens in the same window:cooperative study options run partnership with companies:
- The Study Plus programme combines studies with vocational training in 9 semesters (Qualifications: Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) vocational training certificate and Bachelor of Science).
- The Industrial degree programme combines studies with vocational training in 9 semesters and also offers a great deal of practical experience through industrial modules and the option of a stay abroad (Qualifications: Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) vocational training certificate and Bachelor of Science).
- The Trainee degree programme combines in-depth practical experience with full-time study
- The Part-time degree programme combines professional employment and studies
>> Interested? Then send an enquiry to Email application is started:dekanat-ite(at)hs-furtwangen.de.
Facts and figures
- More than 500 bachelor's and master's students are enrolled at the Faculty of Industrial Technologies on the Tuttlingen Campus. 33% of these are women.
- The programmes are taught by a team of professors and experienced adjunct lecturers.
- The campus is composed of three main buildings.
- In 2018 the Tuttlingen Campus expanded with the establishment of the new Innovation and Research Centre (IFC) which opens new perspectives for science and business.
- Campus facilities are excellent thanks to the PPP model.
- The University Campus in Tuttlingen is well-known for its friendly atmosphere.
The trademark of this University will always be that it is the combined effort of many enthusiastic partners. The model character will remain the USP of the University Campus Tuttlingen in the future.