International Economics, Business & Cultural Diplomacy (Master)
Master of Arts (regular and fast track) and MBA Programmes available
International Economics enables students to deal with complex systems in a globalized economy. Profound knowledge of global economy and business, flexibility and a strong focus on intercultural matters are core features of the Berlin-based programme "International Economics, Business & Cultural Diplomacy".
Cultural Diplomacy aims to faciliate and improve relations and collaboration between disparate cultures. International Economics combined with Cultural Diplomacy opens new horizons in a globalized economy that is based on intercultural understanding.
Why choose this programme?
- 2 degree options available - a regular or a fast track MA programme
- Unique combination of competencies in academic disciplines related to international economics, business and global politics
- Particular emphasis on cultural diplomacy and its historical and contemporary application in the public and private sector and civil society
- Taught entirely in English
- Excellent location: central Berlin
- First degree (Bachelor, Master, Magister, Diploma or equivalent)
- For the regular program (4 semesters): At least Bachelor Degree of 180 ECTS
- For the fast-track program (2-3 semesters): Bachelor Degree with at least 210 ECTS OR minimum of one year professional experience in a position of responsibility following graduation
- Good command of the English language enabling study in this language (i.e. proof of previous studies in English or TOEFL (iBT) >60 or equivalent level in other tests)
- Participation in a detailed introductory interview
Duration of studies
- The regular programme consists of 120 ECTS credits in total and has a duration of four semesters
- The fast track programme consists of 90 ECTS credits in total and has a duration of three semesters
- Both are entirely taught in Berlin (Germany) and hosted by the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy
- Experts from Furtwangen University (HFU) will come to Berlin to hold their lectures
- Students will be supported using online tools such as learning management and videoconferencing systems
The degree prepares students for careers in diverse fields, such as international relations, the humanities, business, the financial sector, politics and culture, with a special focus on cultural diplomacy institutions and the application of cultural diplomacy in the framework of foreign policy and international economics.