International Business Management (Bachelor)
Bachelor of Arts - ACQUIN accredited
Thank you for your interest in the International Business Management (IBM) degree program.
Are you looking for a course which is both forward-looking and practical? Is a global perspective important for you? Then International Business Management is the right course for you. It combines traditional business studies with an international focus and intensive language training. Choose one of our 3 international areas of regional specialization: China, the Francophone world or the Spanish world when you apply.
International Business Management is accredited by ACQUIN and achieved the highest scores in the 2014/2015 CHE Ranking – Germany's biggest and best-known university rankings.
We prepare you for the best possible start in your business career, either in Germany or internationally.
Just get in touch if you have any questions.
German Abitur, or for international applicants an advanced level school certificate. Proficiency in English: see application information for International Business Management.
Reasons to study at HFU Business School
We offer you ...
- the business skills and management competencies that industry expects of you
- more experience in offering a 100% English-taught bachelor’s degree than anywhere else in Germany, so we know how to help you get the jobs you want
- a truly international profile where all students are required to complete a study semester and an internship abroad; you can add on one additional study semester abroad to get a double degree from our university partners in China, France or Latin America!
- you study and live in a multicultural environment with people from over 48 countries and a teaching staff of whom almost 50 % are foreign-born
- internationally experienced professors who have worked or lectured abroad and all speak at least one foreign language
- practically oriented programs in which all professors have worked in industry and continue to maintain close ties with industry through research, student projects and consulting, practice-oriented, work-focussed, KISS and maintain close ties
- a closely-knit Business School where we know our students and they know us; you belong to a special elite; we have more than 14 applicants for every study space!
Duration of Programme
The degree program encompasses 7 semesters, the first 4 of which are spent studying in Schwenningen. The following 2 semesters are spent abroad doing an exchange semester at another university and an internship semester. The 7th Semester is spent back at HFU attending advanced lectures in order to hone your managerial skills and write your bachelor thesis.
CHE RANKING 2014/2015
The IBM program is on top again having achieved the highest ranking of 5 green points – the highest possible score from the Centre for Higher Education Development, CHE, for an international business program.
Back in 2005, our IBM program was the first at HFU to achieve 5 green points for the following categories:
- practical relevance
- international orientation
- teacher support
- study organisation
- overall study situation
In March 2008, IBM and IBW, our two bachelor programs in International Business, achieved top rankings, not only from the CHE, but also in a survey of German Human Resource Managers, where we scored particularly highly in employability. In the recent CHE rankings of June 2014, our internationallyfocused bachelor programs, IBM, IBW and IEB, once again placed highly in the university league tables.
The university accreditation processs investigates whether the prescribed quality standards of degree programs are fulfilled. Only accredited degree programs receive state approval. Furtwangen University has been accredited as a university since May 2013 through ACQUIN (Accreditation, Certification and Quality Control Institute). This means that degree programs which have been set up in compliance with the HFU quality management system or which have successfully completed our internal quality control process are accredited.