Innovation: the right product and the right solution
Do you have the inventor gene? Would you like to work on and implement ideas or develop new solutions? Are you fascinated by new things and do you see change as an opportunity that you want to help shape - for a better tomorrow?
Our graduates are actively involved in implementing the latest technologies and methods in product and business innovations. They guide and coordinate innovation processes in the areas of product planning, development, production or business and organisational development. Innovation managers who take a holistic approach are particularly in demand at the interfaces between these areas. As such, you have a good overview of new technologies and methods as well as market changes. From this, you derive potential, think about and plan products and solutions ahead, and coordinate their development process right up to market launch. In addition to your technical knowledge, you will also draw on your organisational and communication skills.
In our three-semester Master's programme, we provide you with the holistic approach required for this, and it is this approach which makes the Faculty of Business Administration and Engineering stand out.
What makes the programme special
The programme has four main components - engineering, product/business design, management and a two-semester innovation project. The innovation project is an essential part of the programme which allows you to apply what you have learned in a small team and start-up-like environment in a practical way. Working independently on an open question, you develop a product or business innovation from a blank sheet of paper to a first prototype. In this way you design and work through the innovation process during your studies. At the end of the project you will summarise the results in a professional publication.
Good reasons to study Innovation Engineering
- Top current CHE and External link opens in a new window:Studycheck.de rankings
- Holistic approach to innovative technologies, solutions and management
- Close integration with research and technology transfer of the Faculty
- Up-to-date curriculum with focus on current business topics
- Small groups and personal support
- Workplace-relevance through modern labs and company cooperation
- Team-oriented learning and research in one-year project
- Opportunity for academic progression
- Premier entry-level salaries with broad career perspectives according to current Stepstone Salaries Study
- In preparation
- ECTS 90 ECTS
- Programme duration 3 Semesters
- Campus Furtwangen Campus
- Faculty Business Administration and Engineering
- Programme begins Summer semester (March), Winter semester (October)
- Application deadline 15 January (summer semester), 15 July (winter semester)
- Entry requirements Undergraduate degree
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation Yes (accredited through the university system accreditation)