- Are you looking for a bachelor‘s or master‘s degree programme that will open up excellent international career opportunities in an attractive field of work?
- Would you like to deepen your language skills in advance and in a compact way, so that you can fully concentrate on your degree programme afterwards?
- Do you already have B1/B2 level German but still require a DSH certificate or TestDaF level C1?
- Have you already studied a couple of semesters or completed a degree programme in your home country and would like to continue your education in Germany?
Then HFU.Prep is just right for you!
HFU.Prep prepares you for a German-language or bilingual study programme at a German university. It can be taken as a pre-semester course focussing on your German language skills.
With us you get:
- compact, effective preparation for the German certificate exam at C1 level
- German courses specifically tailored to your area of interest
- solid basic knowledge in the subject area of your choice in participating faculties
- soft skills for your studies
And you're not alone!
We support you in all phases of your HFU.Prep semester, both with your professional training and your everyday life. We are happy to advise you on any questions you may have.
Once you have successfully completed HFU.Prep, you can directly apply for one of the degree programmes at HFU or another German university.
In order to participate in the HFU.Prep programme, you need to have:
- language proficiency in German at CEFR B1/B2 level with German certificate (External link opens in a new window:CEFR = Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- a university entrance qualification to study at a German university
The content taught in HFU.Prep is specifically designed to prepare you in the best possible way for German-language or bilingual studies at a German-speaking university of applied sciences (HAW).
In addition to language skills, the programme also promotes the individual choice of subject skills. Furthermore, courses in soft skills such as learning strategies and project management ensure that you start your studies in top shape, or that you can complete your studies successfully.
We will be happy to advise you on the degree programmes available at HFU and help you to plan your future career.
- HFU.Prep is free of charge.
- All students at Furtwangen University pay a semester fee of €130 per semester.
- You are required to pay the fees for the certificate examination (TestDaF, DSH etc.) yourself.
- Please note: if you take a degree programme in Germany after completing HFU.Prep, fees may be payable. More information on this can be found here.
Send your application by email to Email application is started:hfu.prep[at]hs-furtwangen.dEmail application is started:e.
Please include the following documents in your application:
- completed Download file:application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- short letter of motivation (maximum 1 – 2 A4 pages in German or English)
- Proof of German language proficiency at CEFR B1 or B2 level
- Proof of university entrance qualification (Generally the Centre for International Students in Constance checks certificates and issues the necessary certification with which you can apply to a University of Applied Sciences in Baden-Württemberg. Centre for International Students in Constance)
Please do not send any original documents.