ERASMUS+ is a programme for education, youth and sport set up by the European Union. The new ERASMUS+ programme combines the previous EU programmes for lifelong learning, youth and sport and the European cooperation programmes at university level.
Students can apply for an ERASMUS+ scholarship in order to do an internship in a company or organization in a European programme country.
Type and Duration of Funding
Scholarships are available in the following cases:
- Internships of between 2 and 12 months (multiple applications possible), which are carried out abroad but within Europe.
- Internships which take place within one year after graduation, in cases where the application takes place within the last year of study.
Feedback reports from ERASMUS-funded interns can be found here.
- EU internship contract between university, company and student
- Academic accreditation of internship
- Supervision during internship by a contact in both the home university and the company
- Financial support for extra costs incurred through internship abroad
- Organisational support (cultural, language, organisational)
- Extra financial support for students with children
- Extra financial support for students with disabilities
HFU students who do an internship in a company abroad but within Europe can apply for a scholarship at the coordination centre in Karlsruhe (KOOR/BEST).
Application deadline: you can apply at any time, however KOOR/BEST must have your complete documentation at latest one month before the start of the internship.
Further information about application can be found here.
Koordinierungsstelle für die Praktischen Studiensemester
Tel: 0721 925-2521, 2522, 2524, 2525
Fax: 0721 925-2520
In the application document you are asked to give the following information, in case you have already received an ERASMUS-stipend during your studies before:
- Start des Förderzeitraums (inkl. Zero-Grant)
- Ende des Förderzeitraums (inkl. Zero-Grant)
What they mean is the start and end date of your stay (not the duration of your funding), which was stated in your letter of confirmation.
In case you change or cancel your internship fore some reason, you must inform the Koordinierungsstelle Karlsruhe. Otherwise you will have to pay back the funding!!
Although the ERASMUS scholarship for internships is neither coordinated nor awarded by HFU itself, the following 3 documents must nevertheless be signed at HFU:
- Application form (signed by the International Center.
Contact: Ms Lucia Schwarz sluc(at)hs-furtwangen.de
- Learning Agreement (signed by internship coordinator)
- Confirmation of Internship Completion (signed by internship coordinator; always hand in with a signed conformation of your internship coordinator, that you have completed your internship)
If you require the original document, please attach a stamped, addressed envelope. Otherwise you receive the signed document as a scan by email.