Aims and objectives:
In the biological / process engineering Technology Centre of the Faculty of Medical & Life Sciences, both individual process engineering procedural steps and complete processes are carried out on a pilot plant scale. The focus of the Technology Centre is the execution of bioprocesses for product synthesis. The aim is to use renewable raw materials as well as residual and waste materials from other processes to synthesise new products sustainably.
A -1.06 + A -1.17 Schwenningen Campus
- Mon – Thu 8.00 – 5.00
- Fri 8.00 – 3.00
- Plant for biological process engineering: bioreactors, various stirred tank reactors, multiple chamber fermenter, biogas reactors, incubators
- Plant for Raw materials and product processing: membrane filtration, disk separator, homogenisor, agitator bead mill, adsorption, rectification, extraction,....
- Plant for special areas of application: series of stirred tanks, torrefaction, photooxidation,…
- Process Analytics Lab (HPLC, laser diffraction particle analyzer, …)
- Modeling and Simulation of biological processes