There are a limited number of opportunities for housing students in Furtwangen. Therefore students are advised to be proactive and start applying for accommodation as soon as possible. Students can opt for accommodation provided by Student Services (Studentenwerk) or for private accommodation in and around the town.
Below are some of the options:
- Albert-Schweitzer-Haus (ASK): ASK offers single furnished rooms with shared kitchen and bath on each floor. This is a good place to live if one enjoys meeting new people from different countries. Details for this hall of residence can be found at the following link: www.swfr.de/wohnen/wohnheime/wohnheime-im-ueberblick/albert-schweitzer-haus/
- Großhausberg (GHB): GHB offers single furnished rooms with private kitchenette and bath. This is a good place for those who enjoy their private space. Details for this hall of residence can be found at the following link: www.swfr.de/wohnen/wohnheime/wohnheime-im-ueberblick/studentenhaeuser-grosshausberg/
Contact details: Lena Litvak
Telephone: (0761) 2101 271
Students should directly apply online using the following link: https://www.swfr.de/ipack3/ipack3/#admission
There are many housing options in private residential homes situated around the University campus.
- Mrs. Karin Jäger offers furnished/semi-furnished/unfurnished single rooms with kitchen and bath shared by 5 people. These rooms are near the University and are in great demand. Therefore they may not always be available. Students should send an email directly to Mrs. Jäger to enquire about the availability of rooms.
Contact details: email@example.com
- There are many offers for private accommodation available on www.wg-gesucht.de. The relevant people need to be contacted as early as possible. However, all offers published here are in German.
- There is also a Facebook group called HFU Wohnungsmarkt (https://www.facebook.com/groups/237909012952619/ ). All offers for rooms by current students who are moving out are available in this group. Most of the offers are in German.