Statewide readily available smart factories in the cloud
Unexpected downtime of machines or production tools affects the production process and product quality resulting in unplanned costs for companies. Production stoppages are especially bad for the competitiveness of SMEs.
The HALFBACK project deals with this theme and aims to support SMEs in the production process and reduce machine downtime. To do so, a software prototype will be developed during the project which predicts and optimizes maintenance planning using the machine's own sensor data. At the same time, options for (partial) outsourcing of the production are indicated so that it does not have to be stopped. An intelligent "machine broker" will make possible a statewide coordination of companies and machines.
Click here for further information on the project page.
- Project duration -
- Research theme Computer Science and Media
- Research Institutes Institute for Data Science, Cloud Computing & IT Security, Institute of Precision Machining
- Kirner Schleifmaschinen GmbH & Co. KG., Titisee-Neustadt, Germany
- Senk CNC-Fräs- & Graviertechnik OHG, Emmendingen, Germany
- Industrie Informatik GmbH & Co. KG, Riegel am Kaiserstuhl, Germany
- inovex GmbH, Karlsruhe, Germany
- GteO, Rosheim, France
- INEVA SAS, Illkirch-Graffenstaden, France
- Rhénatic, Pôle numérique en Alsace, France
The project is funded within the framework of the "Economic Offensive 2016" objective within the INTERREG V A Oberrhein (2014-2020) programme with funding from the European Fund for Regional Development (EFRE) and with regional funds from the states of Baden-Württemberg and Rheinland-Pfalz and the Région Grand Est.