The interface between doctor and engineer
The growing complexity of technology in medicine means the work of the Technical Physician at the interface between doctor and engineer is becoming increasingly important.
The multidisciplinary approach of the degree programme gives varied insights into innovative technologies and cutting-edge technical medicine methods and equipment, based on a solid technical and medical background.
The demand for specialists with both medical and technical know-how is growing. The multi-disciplinary outlook of the Technical Physician MSc programme offers comprehensive insights into innovative technologies and the latest methods and devices used in technical medicine. In addition the programme teaches many aspects of human medicine. Graduates with a Technical Physician degree have outstanding opportunities in many fields of medicine and medical engineering.
Good reasons to study at Furtwangen University
- First class career perspectives after graduation from a university which has many years of experience in medical engineering programmes
- Gain human, medical and engineering skills
- Multidisciplinary programme with varied insights into the innovative technologies, methods and devices used in technical medicine
- Independent execution of scientifically based research projects
- Networking through project cooperation with hospitals, industry and research institutions
- Mixed team of highly competent and motivated lecturers from medicine, industry and the University
- Small study groups with personal supervision and support
- Opportunity to train in perfusion at HFU as accredited training centre for the European Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (EBCP)
- Possibility for graduates to take a doctorate through cooperative PhD programmes with other universities
Find out for yourself!
- ECTS 90 ECTS
- Programme duration 3 Semesters
- Location Villingen-Schwenningen
- Faculty Medical and Life Sciences
- Programme begins Winter semester (October)
- Application deadline 15 July (winter semester)
- Entry requirements Bachelor degree, German proficiency: minimum DSH 2, DaF TDN4, CEFR B2 or equivalent
- Teaching Language German and English
- Accreditation Yes (accredited through the university system accreditation)