The interface between medicine and engineering
You're interested in technical applications in medicine?
The increasing complexity of technical applications in medicine requires professionals who can demonstrate both medical and technical knowledge. This interface between the medical profession and engineering is where our "Technical Physician" master's programme comes in.
The multidisciplinary orientation of the programme provides you with varied insights into innovative technologies as well as the latest methods and devices used in technical medicine. Many aspects of human medicine are also taught. With a degree in "Technical Physician" you have outstanding career prospects across a range of medicine and medical technology sectors.
Good reasons to study at Furtwangen University
- First class career perspectives after graduation from a university with many years of experience in medical engineering programmes
- Gain human, medical and engineering skills
- Multidisciplinary programme with varied insights into the innovative technologies, methods and devices used in technical medicine
- Independent execution of scientifically based research projects
- Networking through project cooperation with hospitals, industry and research institutions
- Mixed team of highly competent and motivated lecturers from medicine, industry and academia
- Small study groups with personal supervision and support
- Opportunity to train in perfusion – HFU is accredited training centre for the External link opens in a new window:European Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (EBCP)
- Doctoral opportunities through cooperative PhD programmes with other universities
Find out about the details of the programme and your career prospects after graduating from the master's programme.
Your German isn't good enough yet?
If you are interested in this degree programme but you don't have the required German language proficiency (C1) or the required certificate (DSH 2, DaF TDN4, CEFR B2.2, ALTE level 4 or equivalent), join our HFU.Prep programme and focus on your German language skills for one semester. Click here for further information on the Internal link opens in the same window:HFU.Prep programme.
- ECTS 90 ECTS
- Programme duration 3 Semesters
- Campus Schwenningen Campus
- Faculty Medical and Life Sciences
- Programme begins Winter semester (October)
- Application deadline 15 July (winter semester)
- Entry requirements Bachelor degree, German proficiency: minimum DSH 2, DaF TDN4, CEFR B2 or equivalent
- Teaching Language German and English
- Accreditation Yes (accredited through the university system accreditation)