Currently a pass or similar is not required due to the ban on going out. According to the government of Baden-Württemberg, giving a reason will suffice. If you are stopped by the police and they doubt your reason for travelling, please show them your HFU card and your timetable (printed or digital).
The Baden-Württemberg Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) will once again provide assistance to students who can provide evidence that they are in an acute state of emergency as a result of the corona pandemic. Emergency funds in the amount of €100 million in total are available immediately during the time period from November 2020 until March 2021. Applications for bridging funds must be made online over Student Services Freiburg: www.swfr.de/de/geld/corona-nothilfe/
(Last updated: 23 November 2020)
The Baden-Württemberg Accident Insurance company has published the key points and information sources in this flyer (in German): Download file:Accident insurance coverage for students.
Further information (in German): Download file:Accident insurance coverage during participation in online teaching.
(Last updated: 12 January 2021)
have tested positive for the corona virus. This applies until proof of a negative test result is provided or the isolation requirement has been withdrawn.
… are or have been in contact with a person who has tested positive for the corona virus within the last 14 days.
… are showing the typical symptoms of a corona virus infection: high temperature, dry cough, loss of taste & smell.
… are not wearing mouth-and-nose coverings in areas where such coverings are a requirement. Exceptions for health reasons will only be made if a doctor’s note is provided.
… have returned from a risk area outside of the federal republic of Germany as defined by the Robert Koch Institute or the Baden-Württemberg ministry for social affairs and integration (Ministerium für Soziales und Integration) within the last 10 days. The requirements of the relevant corona regulations regarding entry quarantine (Corona-Verordnung Einreise-Quarantäne) as issued by the Baden-Württemberg ministry for social affairs and integration have to be observed.
Procedures to follow
- The instructions of the health authorities must be followed.
- Staff who are affected should immediately contact the University Operations Centre by email: firstname.lastname@example.org to clarify any legal issues related to their employment. Please include your phone number in the email.
- Students who are affected should contact the Examinations Office (Prüfungsamt) and the contact person in your Faculty by email or phone to find solutions which will minimise the negative effects on your studies. In case of infection, additionally by email to email@example.com.
Access to Rooms
- A minimum distance of 1.5 metres from all other persons must be maintained.
- Mouth-and-nose-coverings have to be worn in circulation areas as well as during classes and exams whenever seated.
- All students must register using the attendance list for lecture rooms, study rooms (pre-registration via FELIX online portal) and the library using either the QR code, URL posted at the door of the room or the paper version.
(Last updated: 10 November, 2020)
All 3 HFU libraries are still closed. Click & Collect is possible from 11 January 2021.
In accordance with the Baden-Württemberg Corona Regulations of 9 January 2021 (amended 11 January 2021) the HFU libraries will remain closed until 31 January 2021. To order media (books, inter-library loans, requests) to be picked up outside the libraries, please send an email with:
- your user number, the book number and the requested pick-up date.
- The media will be booked from your user account and can be picked up on the date requested.
- Click on the detailed view of the required book on the "Order/Reserve" button and log in with your HFU account. Detailed instructions on how to place orders in BOSS and OPAC can be found in German here: Bestellen/Vormerken eines Mediums
- You will receive an email when the book is available for pick-up.
- Please arrange a pick-up date with your campus library.
Returns can be made in Furtwangen, Schwenningen and Tuttlingen over the returns boxes. Returns are not currently urgently necessary: all return dates will be altered so that borrowed media do not have to be returned until after 1 March 2021. During the period that the library is closed, normal reminders will not be sent. Please note the current return dates in your account overview in BOSS or in OPAC.
The various online services are available throughout this period. Over 200,000 e-books are as always available for study and examination preparation.
Further information can be found on the Internal link opens in the same window:library webpages.
(Last updated: 12 January 2021)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Operations Centre by email at: lagezentrum(at)hs-furtwangen.de