The Language Center uses a Learning Management System (LMS) called NEO.
- Click on this link: www.hs-furtwangen.edu20.org then click on "Sign Up".
- Use the access codes found under Downloads.
- Enter your details using capitals and small letters in your name. Then click "Submit".
- You need your HFU email address to register. If you do not yet have an HFU email address, you can use your private email
Registration for all language courses at the Language Center can only be carried out over the internet ("NEO" language portal). After registering for your course, (and receiving confirmation from your teacher) you must also register the course separately with the Examinations Office (Prüfungsamt) in order for it to be added to your transcript of records.
For deadline see Dates and deadlines
- On hs-furtwangen.edu20.org click on "Log in" in the top right corner.
- Hover with your mouse over "Classes" in the menu on the left.
- Click on "Catalogue" on the drop-down menu and select the category you are interested in.
If you are taking part in one of our language courses for the first time, please be aware that you are only allowed to register for courses at the level indicated in the Placement Test.
The courses are individually named according to: Location (VS or FU), name of course, day and time, building and room
- Click on the course you are interested in to see a course description.
- If you wish to register for a course, click on "Enrol" in the top right hand corner and enter the relevant access code.
The number of course participants is limited. When the course is full, it is no longer possible to register.
It is important to attend the first class as otherwise you lose your right to a place on the course.
If your account at the Language Center has been inactive for longer than a semester, it may have been deactivated and you will need to fill out a new profile.
You can register for more than one course by clicking on "Enroll" in the top right hand corner and entering the relevant access code.
Regular attendance in the Language Center language courses is required to pass the "Classroom Participation" part of the exam. If participants miss more than 3 classes per semester (including absence due to illness), they will be awarded a "fail" grade (grade: 0) for "Classroom Participation".
Both the "Classroom Participation" and the "written exam" must be passed with a minimum grade of 50% (grade: 4.0).