eCHECKUP TO GO-Alcohol is a web-based prevention programme for universities. Students can use eCHECKUP TO GO to get an online personal risk profile and detailed information on the subject of alcohol.
eCHECKUP TO GO was developed by San Diego State University (USA) and is used worldwide in more than 600 institutions. For universities in Germany, the original English version of the programme was translated, adapted and evaluated in an Esslingen University project funded by the National Ministry of Health. eCHECKUP TO GO at Furtwangen University was made available within the framework of the "eCHECKUP TO GO-Alcohol-BW – online and offline prevention for students in Baden-Württemberg" project carried out by Esslingen University in cooperation with BARMER Health Insurance (Baden-Württemberg branch).
Studients who use eCHECKUP TO GO receive a randomized ID number over which the data input is saved. In this way students can access previous feedback reports. The University cannot identify individual students using this data.
From the individual data input by students in the first part of the programme, eCHECKUP TO GO generates personalized feedback. This gives information about:
- Individual drinking behaviour (incl. quantity of alcohol consumption, cost of alcohol per year, calories consumed through alcoholic beverages)
- Personal effects and health risks of alcohol consumption
- Tobacco consumption and risks of interaction of alcohol and medication
- Personal and family risk factors
- Emergency numbers
- Furtwangen University support systems and the relevant contact persons
The eCHECKUP TO GO program is located on a security server of the San Diego State University and is called up from there. If you wish to run the program, you will leave the Furtwangen University server. If you wish to run the eCHECKUP TO GO program, please click External link opens in a new window:here.