Women. Innovation.Technology Network
The Women.Innovation.Technology Network (F.I.T) Baden-Württemberg has been in existence since February 2001. It is funded by the Baden-Württemberg Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts and is based at Furtwangen University on the Schwenningen Campus.
The goals of the F.I.T Network:
- to support the careers of prospective women computer scientists, engineers and natural scientists
- to support female computer science and engineering students through additional workshops in their area of expertise
Through our various activities, we increase the number of women working in the areas of natural and engineering sciences.
- meccanica feminale - this women's spring school for students of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and and for any other women who are interested and who have a similar technical background, is run jointly by the University of Stuttgart (Vaihingen Campus) and Furtwangen University (Schwenningen Campus) and alternates between the two locations. Further information can be found under: www.meccanica-feminale.de
- informatica feminale Baden-Württemberg - this women's summer school for computer science and information science students and for any other women who are interested and who have a similar technical background, is run jointly by the technical faculty of the Albert-Ludwigs University in Freiburg and Furtwangen University and alternates between the two locations. Further information can be found under: www.informatica-feminale-bw.de
- Ingenious Women Travelling Exhibition - Rollup exhibits about women inventors. The "Ingenious Women" photo documentation honours the women who displayed outstanding inventive talent and whose inventions are still relevant today. The exhibits, which are in rollup format, can be rented as an excellent additional feature of any Gender and Diversity Events. Further information, a list of exhibits and rental charges can be found under: www.patente-frauen.de
- scientifica internet portal - Baden-Württemberg's Information platform for Women in Science and Technology offers a variety of information for prospective scientists from Baden-Württemberg. There are also links to programmes for girls in Baden-Württemberg who are interested in engineering and the natural sciences: www.scientifica.de
- Field of Research Innovation & Gender Research
Women.Innovation.Technology Network (F.I.T.) Baden-Württemberg
Tel.: +49 (0)7720 307-4363
Fax.:+49 (0) 7720 307-4724