Connected Health in Medical Mountains - The innovation and transfer partnership of Furtwangen University
Furtwangen University is one of only ten universities in Germany to receive funding under the "Strong Universities of Applied Sciences - Impetus for the Region" funding programme of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
The CoHMed project will fund medical technology research with around €11m over eight years. The aim is to support regional companies in the development of future-proof products and to strengthen the Schwarzwald-Baar-Heuberg research and science location.
- Project duration -
- Research theme Medical Technologies
- Research Institutes Institute of Technical Medicine, Institute of Precision Medicine, Institute of Microsystems Technology, Institute of Materials Science and Engineering Tuttlingen, Institute of Precision Machining, Institute for Data Science, Cloud Computing & IT Security
CoHMed in numbers
- 8 year project duration from 2017
- €11m (rounded off) funding from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- 4 network partners: TechnologyMountains e.V., MedicalMountains AG, Schwarzwald-Baar-Heuberg Chamber of Commerce, Friends of University Campus Tuttlingen Association e.V.
- 15 professors involved
- 30 research partners from industry
- 18 of these are SMEs
Together providing impetus for medical technology
Within the innovation and transfer partnership CoHMed, Furtwangen University aims to promote in the long-term the regional focus on medical technology thus strengthening regional innovative power.
CoHMed sees itself as a bridge between Furtwangen University and regional industry. Partners of CoHMed are innovative companies interested in cooperating. Communication mainly takes place via the network partners Medical and TechnologyMountains. Regional scientific institutes are also part of the network. CoHMed is based at the Tuttlingen Innovation and Research Center, which is also a partner for research infrastructure and start-ups.
CoHMed provides impetus for current medical technology research and the development of innovative products. In addition, regional competencies of Furtwangen University and industry are networked within the framework of joint research projects. In particular, SMEs are to be more closely involved in research besides large companies.
CoHMed's research projects make a significant contribution to strengthening the Schwarzwald-Baar-Heuberg region as a business and research location and to improving patient well-being with the help of less-invasive operations, improved instruments and implants, and by supporting therapists through comprehensive data analysis.
Projects and partners
An overview of the research projects and project partners, participating companies and network partners can be found at External link opens in a new window:www.cohmed.de/projekte-und-partner or in the External link opens in a new window:CoHMed brochure.