Technical Orientation prep course
Try out until you find your perfect course...
You want to go to university but aren't sure what course to take? Or you want to do engineering but aren't sure what programme is the right one for you? The Technical Orientation prep course on the Tuttlingen Campus can help by giving you insights into all of the bachelor study programmes we offer on the Tuttlingen Campus of Furtwangen University in the space of only 6 months: Internal link opens in the same window:Applied Materials Sciences, Engineering Psychology, Mechatronics and Digital Production, Medical Engineering - Technologies and Development Processes.
You get an idea of our engineering programmes and the companies we work with, before you apply for your bachelor's programme. With the Technical Orientation prep course, you try out the various courses till you find your perfect course at Furtwangen University!
The try-out programme before the bachelor
The Technical Orientation prep course gives you a realistic insight into everyday university life on the Tuttlingen Campus of Furtwangen University. The pre-study course helps you to make your choice of study programme, offers you the opportunity to become familiar with the labs and lecture halls of the Faculty of Industrial Technologies, and get a taste of what it's like to study at our university. You will also get to know some companies and get a chance to find out about the everyday life of an engineer. Besides engineering courses, the course also includes soft skills such as time management and presentation techniques.
The course is the ideal way to help you decide what to study.
- Fundamentals of natural sciences
- Soft skills
- Orientation seminars
- Practicals in the labs of the University
- Insights into industry through company visits
- Opportunities to talk to engineers
What makes the course special
- Flexible, goal-oriented way to start studying with personal support
- workplace-orientation through seminars and visits to companies
- Individual learning speed in lectures and through practical exercises in foundation courses
- BAföG funding possible
- Many courses can also be accredited at other universities
- Frees up time for other things later in study programme (e.g. useful for language courses and practicals)
- Optimal preparation for academic success
- Ultra-modern labs and equipment on the Tuttlingen Campus
- Personal contact with experts and management in companies
- Access to the extensive media of the HFU libraries
The career step after the introductory course
Upon successful completion of the Technical Orientation prep course you will have a secure place on one of the technical bachelor degree programmes offered at Furtwangen University on the Tuttlingen Campus: Internal link opens in the same window:Applied Materials Sciences, Engineering Psychology, Mechatronics and Digital Production and Medical Engineering - Technologies and Development Processes. With every course you pass, you improve your admission grade for the bachelor's degree on the Tuttlingen Campus you apply for later. Some of the courses can also be accredited. This makes it easier for you to start studying at Furtwangen University!
In the Technical Orientation prep course you study "Powered by industry"
The introductory Technical Orientation prep course on the Tuttlingen Campus of Furtwangen University is run in close cooperation with industry. The companies in the Friends of University Campus Tuttlingen sponsoring society actively participate in teaching and in the design of the study programme. The pre-semester course is therefore workplace-oriented and up-to-date. On-site visits to companies in various sectors also take place allowing you further insights into engineering work, career opportunities and the everyday work of engineers.
Apply now until 15 January!
>> Application form and information
University Campus in TUTTLINGEN of Furtwangen University
Kronenstraße 16 . 78532 Tuttlingen
Tel: + 49.7461.1502 - 0 . Fax + 49.7461.1502 - 6201
- Programme duration 1 Semester
- Campus Tuttlingen Campus
- Faculty Industrial Technologies
- Programme begins Summer semester (March)
- Application deadline 15 January (summer semester)
- Entry requirements University entrance qualification
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation No