Unique combination of vocational training and engineering degree
In the four-and-a-half-year Study Plus programme students gain two professional qualifications in the time it usually takes to complete one. The programme is designed for those who want to combine a vocational qualification in a company with a bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science.
You will be awarded a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, medical engineering, electrical engineering or computer science, and will gain vocational training in a company as an Industrial Mechanic, an Electronics Technician for Systems and Devices, or as a Mathematical Software Developer. These are the individual study programmes offered (course abbreviations in brackets):
- Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics (MM)
- Electrical Engineering (ELA)
- International Engineering (IEB)
- Medical Engineering - Clinical Technologies (MKT) previously: Medical Engineering
Computer Science (new in Winter Semester 2019/20):
Combination of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science (AIN) and vocational training as a Mathematical Software Developer (MATSE). For more information, please click on Studium Plus Computer Science.
More than 40 partner companies participate in the company vocational training programme.
- ECTS 210 ECTS
- Programme duration 4,5 Years
- Location Villingen-Schwenningen, Furtwangen
- Programme begins Winter semester (October)
- Application deadline 15 July (winter semester)
- Entry requirements University entrance qualification. Apprenticeship contract with company.
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation Yes (ACQUIN)