Who is this programme suitable for?
This graduate programme was conceived especially for those with Electrical Engineering / Electronics, Technical Computer Science, Microsystems Technology or Mechnical Engineering oriented degrees. It is also suitable for foreign students who have an undergraduate degree. For this reason, half of the courses are conducted in English. After successfully completing two semesters of study and an additional thesis semester, graduates are awarded an internationally recognised MSc in Smart Systems. Due to rapid globalisation in all sectors of the economy, this qualification offers graduates broad career opportunities.
Applicants with a degree from an university within the European Union are required to submit the following documents in addition to the application:
- A certified copy of first academic degree
- Curriculum vitae in German
- Letter of motivation in German. The essay should be at least one, but no more than two, typewritten A4 pages in length.
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Copies of other relevant documents, if available, e.g. letters of references from employers
The following additional documents must be submitted with the application form. Please note all certified copies must be officially endorsed by a German embassy or consulate.
- A certified copy of university entrance qualification (e.g. high school Diploma or A-Levels). A certified translation of the original diploma into English or German is required.
- A certified copy of your first academic degree. A certified translation of the original diploma into English or German is required.
- A certified copy of academic record provided by the university ( i.e. transcripts of all courses taken at university and the grade obtained). A certified translation of the original diploma into English or German is required.
- Curriculum vitae in English or German
- Proof of English and German language proficiency
- Letter of motivation in English or German, minimum one page, but no more than two typewritten A4 pages in length
- Two letters of recommendation from persons in a position to judge the academic abilities and motivation of applicant. A certified translation of the original diploma into English or German is required.
- Copies of other relevant documents, if available e.g. references from employers which indicate applicant's aptitude for the master’s programme
- In the case of acceptance of a student with a degree from a university outside the European Union, the student is responsible for submitting transcripts of records certified in writing by that institute. Failure to do so may result in retraction of the offer of acceptance.
- For applicants from India, China and Vietnam: Certificate of the Academic Testing Center (APS Certificate).
Proof of language proficiency
Because lectures are held in both English and German, all applicants must submit proof of proficiency in both languages.
Native German-speaking applicants
Applicants whose native language is German must submit proof of an English proficiency level of CEF B1 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
HFU graduates must have at least English level 6 in their transcript of records.
Native English-speaking applicants
Applicants whose native language is English must submit proof that they have attained the CEF A1 level in German for admission in the winter semester, and the CEF A2 level in German for admission in the summer semester.
Non-native English or German-speaking applicants
Applicants whose native language is neither English nor German must demonstrate sufficient proficiency in English. A minimum of CEF B1, TOEFL ibt 90 or IELTS 6.5 is required. If other documents certifying English language competence are submitted, applicants must provide evidence that his or her English competency level is equivalent to the CEF level, or the TOEFL ibt or IELTS scores stipulated above. Proof of German CEF A1 level for admission in the winter semester, and CEF A2 level in German for admission in the summer semester must also be provided.
New: Online application
Please apply using the following link: External link opens in a new window:Application for SMA
|Please note: Only applications made through this link will be accepted!|