The security programme
Fires, accidents, sabotage, burglaries or natural disasters: where are dangers lurking and how can people, the environment and companies be protected from them? This is the question which security and safety experts in companies, government authorities and organizations (fire service, technical services, etc.) have to answer.
The "Security & Safety Engineering bachelor's programme is an engineering degree which enables graduates to work in various security and safety sectors.The curriculum includes fire protection, explosion protection, surveillance technology, IT security, data protection, hazard protection, occupational safety, safety psychology and risk and disaster management.
The combination of security and safety content in one study programme is unique in Germany and opens a variety of career pathways. Graduates are sought-after experts who work for prestigious employers - often in leading positions.
If you would like to find out more about our programme, visit us during one of our information events!
- Schools Taster Day, Tuesday, 29 October 2019, from 9.00am
- Thesis presentations on Monday, 08 July 2019 in O Building, Luisenstraße 17 in Furtwangen Programme
- SSB Information Day for school pupils from Class 11: Saturday, 29 June 2019 from 2.00pm (until c. 5.00pm)
- Internship semester presentations: Monday, 09 December 2019, from 2.00pm
- ECTS 210 ECTS
- Programme duration 7 Semesters
- Location Furtwangen
- Faculty Health, Safety, Society
- Programme begins Winter semester (October), Summer semester (March)
- Application deadline 15 January (summer semester), 15 July (winter semester)
- Entry requirements University entrance qualification
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation Yes (ACQUIN)