Study security and safety
Fires, accidents, sabotage, burglaries or natural disasters: where are dangers lurking and how can people, the environment and companies be protected from them? This is the question which security and safety experts in companies, government authorities and organizations (fire service, technical services, etc.) have to answer.
The "Security & Safety Engineering bachelor's programme is an engineering degree which enables graduates to work in various security and safety sectors.The curriculum includes fire protection, explosion protection, surveillance technology, IT security, data protection, hazard protection, occupational safety, safety psychology and risk and disaster management.
The combination of security and safety content in one study programme is unique in Germany and opens a variety of career pathways. Graduates are sought-after experts who work for prestigious employers - often in leading positions.
Already have a bachelor's degree in a security-related field of study? Find out more about our Master's degree programme in Internal link opens in the same window:Risk, Reliability and Safety Engineering.
- ECTS 210 ECTS
- Programme duration 7 Semesters
- Campus Furtwangen Campus
- Faculty Health, Safety, Society
- Programme begins Winter semester (October), Summer semester (March)
- Application deadline 15 July (winter semester), 15 January (summer semester)
- Entry requirements University entrance qualification
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation Yes (accredited through the university system accreditation)