Prerequisites for the programme are a university degree with an above-average final grade in engineering or the natural sciences (e.g. environmental engineering, electrical engineering, process engineering, etc.) A degree from another subject area may be accepted if the content is very similar to our master's programme. For applicants with fewer than 210 ECTS credit points, please refer to the Furtwangen University Study and Examination Regulations.
Proficiency in German is a prerequisite (see below).
There is no set grade requirement for application selection.
All applications are examined and ranked according to the following criteria:
- Grades earned during degree, particularly the overall grade gained for the degree and the length of time taken to gain the degree (i.e. when applicants have finished their degree quickly, this may be taken into consideration)
- Content and quality of the Letter of Motivation
- Work experience and additional qualifications in the area of Security & Safety
Application for a study place on the "Risk, Reliability and Safety Engineering" master's programme is not possible online. Applicants are requested to fill out the Application Form (PDF).
Please enclose the following with your application:
- An officially certified copy of your university entrance qualification in either English or German.
- An officially certified copy of your university degree in either English or German.
- An officially certified copy of the list of courses taken (Transcript of Records or similar) in either English or German. This must be issued by the university and is a list of all courses taken at that university with the respective grades achieved.
- CV in English or German.
- Letter of Motivation in English or German. Minimum one, maximum two A4 typed pages.
- Copies of other relevant documents if available, e.g. work references which confirm the suitability of the applicant for the master's programme.
- International and stateless applicants who have a foreign university entrance qualifications, must provide in addition officially certified proof of German language proficiency at the level of DSH 2 or TestDaF with an average of TDN 4.
Please send your documents by post to the following address:
Risk, Reliability and Safety Engineering Master
Att: Frau Marie Rosing
Robert-Gerwig Platz 1