FAQ: frequently asked questions

Who can apply?

Students from any country may apply provided that they meet the admission requirements.
Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree, or equivalent degree (minimum 210 ECTS points), in biology, biochemistry, medicine, chemistry, or related fields.

Where can I find information on study fees?

The State of Baden-Württemberg introduced tuition fees for international students in Winter Semester 2017/2018. The law stipulates that international students are required to pay €1,500 per semester.

Further information:

External link opens in a new window:Baden-Wuerttemberg Study Guide - Finance and Funding

Baden-Wuerttemberg Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts

Where do I send my application documents?

After submitting your electronic application, please send your certified documents by post to:

Hochschule Furtwangen
Fakultät MLS
Lars Kaiser
Hochschule Furtwangen
Jakob-Kienzle-Straße 17
78054 Villingen-Schwenningen

When is the application deadline?

Please note that applications received after the application deadline (Winter Semester 15 May for non-Eu/EEA, 15 July for EU/EEA) will not be considered for admission.

Due to the administrative process and limited places, the Summer Semester application process is open only to EU/EEA students.

What can I do if my diploma is issued after the deadline?

If your university degree is issued after the application deadline, you should then submit the certification of your latest degree and a copy of your latest transcript. Please indicate the date when you expect this to be awarded and send it as soon as you receive it.

How do I calculate my ECTS points?

ECTS = European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System

Every ECTS point corresponds to a workload of 30 hours. Please use this as a guide to convert your study hours per week, semester or degree into ECTS points.

Where can I find more information about living and studying in Germany?

You can find more information about studying and living in Germany on the following websites:



and on our HFU Website pages.