Starting in summer semester 2024
The study programme "Physiotherapy Plus" is aimed at physiotherapists who have completed their professional training, regardless of their professional experience. Within three semesters, you will obtain a Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy and will be well prepared for the increasing demands in our healthcare system. Due to demographic change and increasing environmental changes, care situations are becoming more complex with a simultaneously growing number of people in need of therapy.
To meet this challenge, experts are needed who are prepared for new tasks with increasing responsibility and who advance professional development in science and practice.
The degree programme enables you to work in a scientifically sound, interprofessional and reflective manner and, in addition to practical work, enables you to be involved in teaching, science, management and professional policy matters. Since a university degree is already widespread internationally as a prerequisite for practising physiotherapy as a profession, there are good opportunities to enter the international job market after graduation.
Freiburg is planned as the place of study. The courses are offered f2f and, to some extent, also online or hybrid. These are usually lectures, exercises and seminars. No practical study phases in external institutions are planned for this degree programme.
Why should I choose a Physiotherapy Plus degree programme at Furtwangen University?
- In only three semesters you will obtain the academic degree of Bachelor of Science.
- The degree programme is free of charge for EU citizens. Only the Internal link opens in the same window:usual semester fee is charged.
- No work experience is required, which makes it possible to continue your education directly.
- During your studies, you have the opportunity to work up to 20 hours/week.
- You are well prepared for emerging changes in the German health system and expand your school degree with practical/theoretical competences.
- You can set individual subject foci within individual modules.
- You can choose between various compulsory elective modules - including free parts of the "Manual Therapy" further education programme (certificate).
- Furtwangen University plans to offer the Physiotherapy Plus degree programme as a part-time programme.
What does the study programme cost/are there additional fees?
Only the Internal link opens in the same window:normal semester fees of Student Services (Studierendenwerk Freiburg) are charged for the study programme. There are no additional monthly costs in the form of tuition/examination fees.
- ECTS 180 ECTS
- Programme duration 3 Semesters
- Campus Freiburg Study Center
- Faculty Health, Safety, Society
- Programme begins Summer semester (March)
- Application deadline 15 January (summer semester), See application details
- Entry requirements university entrance qualification, state accredited physiotherapist qualification
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation In preparation