Starts Winter Semester 2023/24
The medical assistant profession, which has been established for many decades, especially in the USA, other Anglo-American countries and the Netherlands, is coming to HFU!
The Physician Assistant (PA) works at the interface between medical and nursing staff to assist both professional groups. In the face of the increasing complexity of daily care due to demographic change and medical and medical-technological developments, PAs can help to optimise processes and make procedures more efficient. Strong communication skills enable physician assistants to support inter-professional networking and implement interdisciplinary care concepts in medical facilities. PAs can also provide targeted support to physicians and nursing staff by taking on organisational activities, administrative tasks and documentation tasks as well as delegable treatment services. In doing so, they act according to instructions, which means that the responsibility for the activities performed by the PA is borne by the delegating physician.
The degree programme is for anyone seeking to work in a professional medical field. The programme is not a medical degree - no license to practice medicine is granted upon graduation.
- In-patient patient care in urban and rural areas, for example, in a general practice or hospital
- Assistance to medical management in medical departments: fields of activity in the inpatient sector are extensive and range from treatment documentation to assisting with interventions in emergency care
- Career prospects at home and abroad
- University career path via the master's degree programme up to doctoral studies
Good reasons for becoming a Physician Assistant at HFU
With us, you will acquire a professional qualification in a medical profession in just seven semesters. Work in an exciting and forward-looking professional field with excellent career opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree: professional, academic degree in seven semesters.
- Practical: two practical semesters of study with practice partners in the region with elective compulsory options
- Teaching: theoretical and practical teaching by qualified professors and lecturers from professional practice
- Scientifically based: evidence-based work through the acquisition of important competencies in statistics, quality management and scientific work
- No tuition fees: For EU citizens and first-time students, studies are free of charge. The only fees are the usual semester contributions.
Are you interested in this study programme?
You can find more information about the programme and the professional field below in Internal link opens in the same window:Details of programme.
If you are unsure or have any questions, please feel free to contact us at the following email address: Email application is started:physicianassistant(at)hs-furtwangen.de
- ECTS 210 ECTS
- Programme duration 7 Semesters
- Campus Schwenningen Campus
- Faculty Medical and Life Sciences
- Programme begins Winter semester (October)
- Application deadline 15 July (winter semester)
- Entry requirements University entrance qualification, a nursing internship of at least four weeks (must be completed by beginning of 3rd semester), medical certificate, police certificate of good conduct, proof of completed and legally required vaccinations
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation In preparation