In April 2018 Furtwangen University started using the hochschulstart.de application platform ("Dialogorientiertes Serviceverfahren" DoSV), which is used throughout Germany, for applications to bachelor's degree programmes. It is possible to apply for one or more study programmes on the platform.
- Register on hochschulstart.de.
- You will receive your "Applicant ID" and an activation link to complete your registration by email. From this point on, you can register on hochschulstart.de with your user name and password.
- On the hs-furtwangen.de website, go to the "Application" sub-page of your chosen bachelor's programme.
- On this page you will find the direct link for this study programme to hochschulstart.de.
- When you click on this link, you will be asked to input your user data on hochschulstart.
- Fill out all required boxes on hochschulstart.de and print out the application form.
- Fill out the Furtwangen University checklist and add it to your application. By using the checklist, you can ensure that you do not forget any of the important documents which we need to process your application.
- Send your application by post to Furtwangen University. You will find the postal address in the checklist.
- Prioritize: if you apply for several programmes, choose your order of priority. Give your favourite, priority 1.
(Please use this checklist as the cover page for your application!)
These dates are important
- For the coming summer semester (lectures begin in March) you can apply between 15 October and 15 January.
- For the coming winter semester (lectures begin in October), you can apply between 15 April and 15 July.
- You can receive offer letters from the beginning of the "1st coordination phase" onwards, starting on 16 January for the summer semester.
- If one of these is your programme of choice, you can now accept the offer and you will be accepted by the university. IMPORTANT: from this point on you no longer take part in the application process.
- You can change the order of your applications until the end of the "decision phase" (18 February for the summer semester). The prioritization affects the further application process.
- If you have received one or more offers before the beginning of the "2nd coordination phase", which begins in the summer semester on 19 February and ends on 24 February, only the best possible offer remains. This can still be replaced by an offer which has been given a higher priority. If an offer for your first priority is already possible, you will automatically be accepted.
- If you have not had any luck by the end of the "2nd coordination phase", you will unfortunately receive a rejection.
- Study places still available will be allocated at random in two consecutive clearing processes. You can also take part in clearing even if you have not previously taken part in the coordination process. Please select the study programme on hochschulstart.de with which you would like to take part in the clearing process.
You can take part in the first clearing for the summer semester from 2 March to 6 March. The first allocations will be made on 7 March. Applications for the 2nd clearing are accepted from 24 to 29 March. The second allocations will be made on 30 March