Exploit the full potential of the internet!
The Internet is developing at breakneck speed. Yesterday Facebook was "in", today you need TikTok and Yodel. Social media marketing, affiliate marketing and influencer marketing have all become the engine of business. Customer journey and user experience are becoming increasingly important in customer engagement. There is a good reason why online platforms such as Amazon or Alibaba are constantly expanding their market power, thus also strengthening their political clout. For companies, it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep track of it all. And that's exactly where you come in!
The Online Media degree programme will prepare you well to plan and manage the use of online media in a wide variety of contexts - whether in industry, in an agency or independently. You will learn about professional internet management in its entirety - from design to development and implementation. While doing so, you will be looking at creative, information-technology and economic aspects. After all, on the Internet all the classic media (film, radio, TV, print) come together. Online Media therefore offers a wide range of specialisation options. The broad-based basic study programme provides you with a good basis for decision-making and broad-based know-how in all areas so that you will be able to maintain a good overview of the Internet!
10 good reasons to study online media
- First-class, crisis-proof career prospects
- Development of theoretical, practical, communicative and soft skills
- Excellent preparation for leading positions in the media business, agencies and industry, and for self-employment
- Ground-breaking degree programme with wide variety of electives
- State-of-the-art media labs and high-end equipment
- University with an excellent reputation
- Academic grounding in the areas of design, development and marketing of Internet applications
- Many years of experience in training media experts
- International orientation in teaching and research
- Small groups, personal support
- ECTS 210 ECTS
- Programme duration 7 Semesters
- Campus Furtwangen Campus
- Faculty Digital Media
- Programme begins Winter semester (October), Summer semester (March)
- Application deadline 15 July (winter semester), 15 January (summer semester)
- Entry requirements University entrance qualification
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation Yes (accredited through the university system accreditation)
The Online Media bachelor's programme is a chance for me to express myself creatively using media and to allow others to be a part of it.Hoang Nguyen - OMB Student