The link between medical engineering and molecular biology
The "Molecular and Technical Medicine" degree programme on the Schwenningen Campus of Furtwangen University is the first of its kind at a German university. What makes it special is that the focus is not only on molecular medicine. Besides natural sciences and medicine, technical methods from both disciplines are also included in the curriculum. With the addition of business basics, health law and quality management, the programme opens broad career pathways and thus offers excellent job opportunities.
Who is the Molecular and Technical Medicine degree designed for?
This degree programme is suitable for anyone interested in biology (cellular and molecular) and biomedicine. It is not an alternative to studying medicine. It deals with biochemical and pharmaceutical processes as well as (applied) research in medicine and related fields. Unlike the study of medicine at a university, the Molecular and Technical Medicine Bachelor programme focuses on an interdisciplinary approach, diagnostics and applied research.
If you are interested in our programme, please get in touch using the contact form at the bottom of the page. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- ECTS 210 ECTS
- Programme duration 7 Semesters
- Location Villingen-Schwenningen
- Faculty Medical and Life Sciences
- Programme begins Winter semester (October), Summer semester (March)
- Application deadline 15 July (winter semester), 15 January (summer semester)
- Entry requirements University entrance qualification, pre-study internship
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation Yes (system accreditation)