In April 2018 Furtwangen University started using the External link opens in a new window:hochschulstart.de application platform ("Dialogorientiertes Serviceverfahren" DoSV), which is used throughout Germany, for applications to bachelor's degree programmes. It is possible to apply for one or more study programmes on the platform.
- Register on hochschulstart.de.
If you already have a User Account from previous applications, please also use this for future applications.
- You will receive your "Applicant ID" and an activation link to complete your registration by email. From this point on, you can register on hochschulstart.de with your user name and password.
- Under hs-furtwangen.de/en/programmes, go to the "Application" sub-page of your chosen bachelor's programme.
- At the end of this page you will find the direct link for this study programme to hochschulstart.de. You will be asked for your user information.
- Fill out all required boxes on hochschulstart.de and print out the application form.
- Fill out the Furtwangen University checklist and attach it to your application. By using the checklist, you can ensure that you do not forget any of the important documents which we need to process your application.
- Send your application by post to Furtwangen University. You will find the postal address in the checklist.
- Prioritize: if you apply for several programmes, give your chosen order of priority. Give your favourite, priority 1.
(Please use this checklist as the cover page for your application!)
These dates are important
- For the coming winter semester (lectures begin in October or November): due to the corona crisis and the resulting effect on this year's "Abitur" exams, the Hochschulstart application portal will open on 1 July 2020 for all applicants.
The application deadline this year will be 20 August 2020, not 15 July as it usually is.
- For the coming summer semester (lectures begin in March) you can apply between 15 October and 15 January.
- You may receive offer letters for your applications due to rankings being released and other applicants dropping out at any time from start of the Coordination Phase. When there is more than one offer, the coordination regulations come into force.
- Coordinated Clearing Process
Study places still remaining after the Coordination Phase, will be allocated in a Coordinated Clearing Process. If you did not receive an offer in the Coordination Phase, you will be sent a link from hochschulstart. Using this link you have 72 hours to declare your interest in taking part in the Coordinated Clearing Process for individual study programmes for which you have applied and have not withdrawn your application.