- Copies of school leaving certificate must be verified at a German ambassy or consulate in the home country of the apply candidate
- The verified copys of school leaving certificants must be validated by the Studienkolleg-Center for International Students in Constance, Germany
- Proficiency in written and spoken English at B2 (upper-intermediate) level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), or Cambridge FCE level indicated more precisely by one of the following tests:
- TOEFL ibt test score minimum 79 (TOEFL cbt score min. 213, TOEFL PBT min. 550)
- IELTS test score minimum 6,25
- Cambridge English scale minimum 175
- Alternativelly, students may submit a confirmation from their previous university that their education was conducted in Englisch, if the student has absolved at least one successful year (two semesters)
- Letter of motivation (1 page explaining your background, goals, strength)
The required level of proficiency in English is as follows:
Writing skills in English should be good. Ability to write explanations and descriptions. Vocabulary, grammar, and spelling are generally appropriate, with few errors. Sentences are usually clear and require few corrections. Message is rarely unclear.
Oral interaction abilitiesin English should also be good. Ability to participate in discussions on a variety of topics. Ability to convey more complex ideas with only little hesitation. Ability to readily and accurately interpret what is being said and to follow a change of topic. Has language resources to circumvent linguistic deficiencies. Meaning is rarely obscured. Speaks the language with little difficulty.