The foundation level studies give you a broad grounding in all business functions and related fields such as economics and law.
During your advanced studies you specialize in one of the following three areas: International Finance and Accounting, International Marketing as well as International Organization and Human Resources .
- During your foundation level studies you will improve your English proficiency in Business English 1 and 2 and in the many other courses taught in English (c. 40%).
- Additionally you will select a second foreign language for your regional focus: Chinese, French or Spanish.
- Chinese: you will learn written and spoken Mandarin Chinese. No previous knowledge is required. The aim is to be able to deal with everyday life and to carry out simple business communication.
- French: you will learn Business French. Prerequisites are 4 to 5 years of school French or similar. The aim is to be able to deal confidently with all business situations.
- Spanish: You learn Business Spanish. Prerequisites are 4 to 5 years of school Spanish or similar. The aim here is also to be able to deal confidently with all business situations.
Besides intensive language instruction, you will also study the culture, politics and economic situation of the regional focus area you choose.
- You have a basic knowledge of all functional areas in an organization (Purchasing, Production, Marketing, Human Resources, Financial Accounting, etc.) and can apply this practically.
- You understand how markets work and the effect economic and legal environments have on the success of a business
- You are able to reflect on the social meaning and responsibility of organizations.
- You have the necessary all-round knowledge to be able to evaluate and develop organizational strategies based on new developments (e.g. digitalization).
- You have specialist knowledge in a focus area of your choice (e.g. International Finance and Accounting, International Marketing or International Organization and Human Resources), which particularly qualifies you for work in this field.
- Your internship and study semesters abroad equip you with the openness and flexibility to work confidently in the international workplace.
- You are fluent in business English and have very good proficiency in a further foreign language (Spanish, French or Chinese).
- You have the required intercultural skills to work successfully in international project teams.
- You have the key qualifications required (e.g. project planning, teamwork, presentation skills) to be able to deal with any problems which arise in the workplace in a solution-oriented manner.