The trinational programme is an information and communications engineering course with a strong intercultural and bilingual focus.
The programme is held in three locations:
- Germany: Furtwangen University, Furtwangen Campus
- France: Université Haute Alsace, Campus Mulhouse
- Switzerland: North-west Switzerland University of Applied Sciences, Brugg-Windisch Campus (Aargau)
The programme can be started at any one of the three locations in the winter semester and is continued at a partner university in the following year, so that upon graduation, you have spent at least one year of study on each campus. The course is completed after the 7th semester with a practical component and a thesis. ECTS credit points are gained through taking modules on each campus.
A university advisor on each campus will assist you if you have any questions. Students are integrated into the normal programme of lectures at each location and thus come into contact with students from other countries on a regular basis. In Furtwangen students take courses in the Electrical Engineering. The flexible programme means that with the help of the advisor, you can customize your course according to your own personal preferences.
Intensive language courses prepare you for moving to the other universities.
Technology is western Europe's most important export. This is especially true of France, Switzerland and Germany who have very close trading networks. Our technology leadership in the future depends on the close networking of these countries, particularly in the area of engineering.
What's more, in practice businesses are faced with substantial problems caused by the lack of language and intercultural skills which enable the Germans and French to work together. This lack of cultural understanding and communications skills can lead to delays in and even the failure of projects.
The primary objectives are:
- Extensive intercultural and language experience
- Solid foundation in mathematics, information technology, electrical engineering and physics
- Experience in the design, evaluation and supervision of IT installations
- International management skills
- Broad-ranging language and cultural experience from three different countries
- Ability to formulate, present and discuss expert opinions and solutions for problems for colleagues and customers
- Management skills for the planning of electronic and IT system projects
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Academic study skills