NEW from WS 2019/20: unique combination of Computer Science degree and vocational training
Starting in the 2019/20 school year, a Mathematical Software Development (MATSE) vocational training course will be run at the Donaueschingen Schools of Home Economics and Business (KHS). At the same time, a new Study Plus model, run in cooperation with various companies in the region, will be offered through the Faculty of Computer Science at Furtwangen University. A list of our cooperation partners can be found below. The model enables students to combine a computer science degree with vocational training in only four and a half years, thus gaining two professional qualifications in one: a bachelor's degree in Computer Science combined with MATSE vocational training.
- Optimal combination of theory and practice
- Financing of the study by work contract or student work contract
- Bachelor and IHK qualification in only 4.5 years
- Computer Science degree at a prestigious university and faculty with top rankings
- Strong relationship with training company during study
- Excellent job opportunities
The Study Plus course takes 9 semesters. Half of the first four semesters is spent learning theory (at university and vocational school) and half on practical training in a company. The qualification examination is taken at the Chamber of Commerce after only two years. This is followed by five semesters at Furtwangen University. The practical study semester and the bachelor's thesis are carried out at the training company.
Study Plus Computer Science is a cooperative degree programme with integrated vocational training making it possible to gain two qualifications simultaneously: a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and the Mathematical Software Developer qualification awarded by the Chamber of Commerce.
Thanks to the high degree of practical content, the Study Plus qualification not only awards an academic qualification, but also ensures that companies employ graduates who are highly productive from the first day on.
- Organize a training contract for MATSE with a cooperating company.
- Apply for a study place in Computer Science at Furtwangen University by 15 July at latest. The online application is carried out over the DoSV-Bewerbungsportal under "Area of Specialization". Please write clearly on the first page of the printed application form "Studium Plus" (see Example) and send the application form together with your application documents to Furtwangen University.
Excellent future perspectives
This combined qualification is the perfect combination of theory and practice. Besides gaining a top quality academic qualification, you will also gain deeper insights into company practice right from the start. With the double qualification, you have outstanding job opportunities and excellent career perspectives.