A new Study Plus model in the Faculty of Computer Science at Furtwangen University integrates the brand new Mathematical Software Developer (MatSe) training programme starting in the 2019/20 school year at the Donaueschingen Schools of Home Economics and Business (KHS). A list of our Study Plus programmes, which are set up in cooperation with various companies in the region, can be found below. The model enables students to combine a computer science degree with vocational training in only four and a half years, thus gaining two qualifications at once. This programme is aimed at those who would like to take a bachelor's degree in Computer Science combined with vocational training in the field of Mathematical Software Development– the optimal combination of theory and practice.
- Optimal combination of theory and practice
- Time-savings: only 4.5 years as opposed to 2.5 + 3.5 years
- Varied computer science programme with solid grounding in the fundamentals
- Small groups and personal support during degre
- Outstanding technical lab facilities
- Practical work experience in training company
- Financial independence
- Possibility to leave programme after completing vocational training (after 2 years)
- Excellent job opportunities
- Prestigious university and faculty with top rankings
Study Plus Computer Science is a cooperative degree programme with integrated vocational training making it possible to gain two qualifications simultaneously: a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and the Mathematical Software Developer qualification awarded by the Chamber of Commerce.
Thanks to the high degree of practical content, the Study Plus qualification not only awards an academic qualification, but also ensures that companies employ graduates who are highly productive from the first day on.
The following are the requirements for taking the Study Plus Computer Science course:
- a Mathematical Software Developer apprenticeship contract with a company and
- a study place in the Bachelor of Computer Science programme at Furtwangen University (HFU).
During the first four semesters students spend 50% of their time on theory, i.e. studying at HFU or training at the School of Home Economics and Business in Donaueschingen, and 50% on practical training in a company. The qualification examination is taken at the Chamber of Commerce after only two years.
In the following five semesters, the student, who has now completed the Mathematical Software Developer (MaTSe) vocational training, continues his university studies, although the practical semester and the bachelor's thesis are both spent at the training company.
To apply for the"Study Plus" model a training contract with a company is required.
To apply for the degree programme, select the so-called Area of Specialization during the online application.