Computer Science with 3 possible areas of specialisation and Study Plus
Have you ever taught a robot how to do Tai Chi? Or crashed or cracked passwords for a smartphone as a white hat hacker to make the systems safer? Well, you'll learn that and lots more! Whether you are planning a career in software development, in IT system security or in the control of autonomous robots - with a computer science degree you will have the best possible preparation for the digital future.
|Internal link opens in the same window:Faculty of Computer Science events calendar|
The focus of your computer science degree is on software engineering, programming, mathematics, algorithms and data structures, databanks, autonomous systems, operating systems and software quality. The Bachelor in Computer Science programme in Furtwangen is a Internal link opens in the same window:50-year success story. What makes this programme stand out from the crowd is its innovative programme structure with three areas of specialisation.
Study computer science with a specialisation
The computer science programme is divided into foundation studies and advanced studies. During your foundation studies you will get to know our three areas of specialisations. Afterwards, you choose your major and benefit from a bachelor's degree with a particular focus.
- Internal link opens in the same window:Software Engineering specialisation
- Internal link opens in the same window:Networks and IT Security specialisation
- Internal link opens in the same window:Robotics and Autonomous Systems specialisation
A Computer Science degree with various options
Take your degree in English. Contact your dean of studies to find out more about the bilingual degree.
A Computer Science degree can also be taken part-time. Internal link opens in the same window:Find out more here.
Study Plus: Combine vocational training with a degree
With the "Study Plus Computer Science" study model you gain 2 qualifications in 1: Internal link opens in the same window:Find out more about Study Plus Computer Science.
Trainee programme for students
Study and work in a company. That's possible at HFU! Find out more here about our Internal link opens in the same window:Cooperative Trainee Programme.
- ECTS 210 ECTS
- Programme duration 7 Semesters
- Campus Furtwangen Campus
- Faculty Computer Science
- Programme begins Winter semester (October), Summer semester (March)
- Application deadline 15 July (winter semester), 15 January (summer semester)
- Entry requirements University entrance qualification
- Teaching Language German
- Accreditation Yes (accredited through the university system accreditation)