- Laura H., WNB student in the 7th semester and successful influencer on Instagram under the name "Minnahigh", is currently writing her thesis on "Influencer Marketing" with a company in the fashion sector.
- What do you like best about WNB?
"When I started my course I only knew that I was interested in fashion, social media and marketing and that I wanted to work in this area later on. I wasn't really sure if I had chosen the right course. During the programme I got an insight into how many different areas you can work in with this degree! As far as courses like programming are concerned, at the beginning I doubted if I would be able get through it. But I not only got through it, I even became a programming tutor! It is important to believe in yourself more and not underestimate yourself. The WNB programme gives you a lot of opportunities - you just have to grasp them!"
- Sophia P., a WNB student in the 6th semester, did her internship semester at VfB Stuttgart 1893 in the area of CRM & direct marketing.
- What did you like best about your internship?
"My internship at VfB in the Marketing/Communications Department allowed me to link my personal interest in sport with the demands of business. The sports sector is special because it not only offers interesting tasks in an exciting area of work, but it also deals with emotions. Because success is never guaranteed in professional football and therefore there is no promise of quality, my daily work was very varied, and I was presented with new challenges every day. Because I come from the Stuttgart area, I could identify with the values of the club and during my internship I was able to get an insight into how important team spirit is in a football club."
"The Business Networking eBusiness programme offers all women who have an affinity for IT and want to learn more about business, super job opportunities. The curriculum follows current trends such as business intelligence, programming languages, SAP and above all communications and soft skills." Ramona in StudyCHECK under Business Networking eBusiness (B.Sc.)
"What I found particularly good is that the University supported us in gaining international experience. It is a women's programme and I think that we really did get more support compared to the normal business information systems programme, for example through the mentor programme. I was happy with the lectures on the whole and with the lecturers, too. I also found the practical experience especially good.", Alexandra in StudyCHECK under Business Networking E-business (B.Sc.)
"Business Networking eBusiness is more than just business information systems. What makes the women's programme really good is its broad curriculum. You get a chance to try out a lot of subjects. From Business Processes to Usability and Business Intelligence, the programme covers all the mega-trends. Through the internship semester, the mentor programme and excursions, students get good insights into business and thus have a good basis for choosing electives. Although Furtwangen is a quiet place, with all the freetime activities (and parties) it was never boring!", Katja in StudyCHECK under Business Networking eBusiness (B.Sc.)
Melanie Brender - Senior Manager Consulting, Accenture GmbH - Graduated 2006
- "Personal support, teamwork and practical tasks are at the forefront of the WNB programme and they prepare you for your working life where you must remain open for new ideas and innovation."
- "Because the subject is so broad, the degree programme offers a wide spectrum of possible career pathways to choose from."
- "I am currently working as a management consultant and profit above all from the soft skills I gained during my course. I also noticed quickly that it is an advantage in IT consulting to have a background in computer science so that you can give the customers the best possible support."